Icomm, Aker and Mic Placement

This is how I mounted my electronics...

cB1mJ1T.jpg

eAadpEo.jpg

I used high strength velcro, and it seems to work fine.

I detached the mic from the wire, and just velcroed it to the inside of the helmet....works great..

H4Eg2Qd.jpg

..only challenge now is to fit the two mounted fans I bought from Echo...it really is a tight fit in that lid....

kMZfnbo.jpg

Edited by SorenM

I have mine in the same place, I did find having to plug the helmet mic after I put the helmet on was too much of a pain, I now use the head mic and slip the helmet on afterwards, see how you go :D

I have mine in the same place, I did find having to plug the helmet mic after I put the helmet on was too much of a pain, I now use the head mic and slip the helmet on afterwards, see how you go :D

Thanks Glen for the heads up on a possible future " pain in the n...)....we' ll se how it pans out :-)

Same for me. Original cut the mic and placed in bucket but I hated being tethered so I did/do same as Glen. Fun times ahead for you sir!!

Hmmmm, lets see what happens...luckily. I did not destroy the mic, but just detached the metal thingy....

Looking forward to it!...:-)

I actually did the same thing as the OP - I attached the mic to the helmet and had it plug into the ICOMM under the neckseal in the back (I put the ICOMM in the OII backplate, then wired up the speaker in the chest.  I trooped like that for a year and had relatively few problems with it, but there were a few times I wanted to be able to take the helmet off...

So I got a new mic and trooped with the headset mic separate at one con.... and hated it.  I couldn't get the mic situated properly over my mouth and it was a pain and a half when getting the helmet on and off - it was always knocking itself off by my fans when I'd pull the helmet off.  I'm glad I was able to try both, and it's certainly a matter of personal preference and practice in getting it on.  I'm going to replace the mic in the helmet and go back to the tether.  :)

• 5 months later...

I have the same configuration but with the wireless receiver on the back of my head. The mic placement is good, but the wireless is too tight so I removed it now, and using Echo's system it is too tight. I'm going to make a slimmer version now.