Original strapping screws & Centurions

You're missing the point of a super accurate award Glen. The people it would target might not be interested in long term troopability and no cracks. You can't have both.

Hell, I don;t have the brackets/screws and cracking is just something I have already come to expect and deal with on various locations of my armour. while I doubt I would want to achieve an optional accuracy level, I really like the idea. And as I mentioned before, I think I will get some screws to install in the return edge of the chest and possible back/kidney to replicate the look externally... just because...

Great discussion everyone!

Think replica mannequin rather than 501st approved costume. Like with what eFX intend to do. If you can wear it, and good for you but it wouldn't even be required for such an award.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Members have probably chosen that type of armor because of financial limits

Not really, AP isn't the cheapest armor around afaik and, in my case, I only got it because I could have it in a matter of a few weeks instead of several months, I'm an impatient one lol.

Btw, it indeed lacks the return edges on the back/butt plate but that didn't stop me from using the bracket system instead of the screws. It worked out nice and holds great :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I am going full replica and inten to troop. I accept anyway that this will be my second armor so it would only be used a couple of times a year and kept in its box the rest of the time in favor o my sandtrooper.

Anyway. If used at least one a year I want to look spot on that one time.

Going all the way to centurion is not for everyone, going over it is for fewer ones. There is room for everyone for sure. But some of us that won't settle with centurion would like to see a new level stablished for the uber accurate armor.

Saludos.

There has been talks about making an award for 100% replica suits that are not tied into 501st, something independent that non-501st members also could achieve. But that has been on ice for a long time now.

As for AP and an 100% replica award, that would be "sucks to be you".

...That's why I'm looking to Paul (Troopermaster) the next time I buy armor...

Not really, AP isn't the cheapest armor around afaik and, in my case, I only got it because I could have it in a matter of a few weeks instead of several months, I'm an impatient one lol.

Btw, it indeed lacks the return edges on the back/butt plate but that didn't stop me from using the bracket system instead of the screws. It worked out nice and holds great :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Mate,

Can you post some pix of the back/butt plate with the bracket system...Would love to see how it looks...