Body filler on helmet?

there are a couple of slight gaps on my helmet assembly that I'm not cool with. Some may not even notice them, but I do. Fit up of the helmet, not the best on these kits I have. Have any of you used any kind of filler before to smooth out and blend any gaps? A recommendation of acrylic nail filler (stuff they use when doing a ladies nails) came up. Any thoughts?

Body filler is unlikely to adhere to a plastic helmet.

Do you ask the question in reference to a Fibreglass lid?

Ā 

Either way, it would be best if you submit pictures of your helmet so we can see what you are referring to.

I have used body filler (bondo) on plastic and it does stick as long as the surface is roughed up with course sand paper. Depending on where the gaps are you may be able to use some white silicon, that gives a little flex. Some pictures of you're problem would help us better advise you :D

Well, being a body guy ( come from mechanics paint world) I know body filler doesn't work unless you have fiberglass helmet. What I did find threw help from wifey being these are abs plastic is that ladies acrylic nail filler does work. The gap is on the ridge where top done meets back. Its more than just a line like seen in originals. Not sure if during gluing it slipped or the fitment is just that bad. I can tell you I fit it a few times and it didn't want to sit flat on gluing ridge. I know the small line gap between back ridge and vents is OK but this occurred close to the front where face meets dome and side of back meets face. I'll take some before and after pix and post them. But for those that were curious, ACRYLIC NAIL FILLER WILL WORK....Have your girl show you how to mix and apply it if unsure...lol

• 3 weeks later...