Another NE build

• 2 weeks later...

I worked on mine yesterday, and I too couldn't get the ears to fit right. The back piece bulges out so far I can't get it close to touching in. He front, and there's definitely no way to get them up as high as they should be. The guys from my garrison couldn't get it either. Gotta say I'm a bit displeased by that, and will most likely order a new helmet from a different manufacturer.

Here are some pics of helmet assembled.   (note that this bucket details were poorly hand painted by me, and not decals)

---------

Yes there is a small gap when assembled between the brow and the ears.  The idea w/ the original ears we created was to have them able to be trimmed in both size and length depending on where the bottom of the helmet tubes were trimmed to the builder's liking, but this seems to have not been a well executed / received idea.  We  are working on redesigning the ears completely to be easy to put on and go all the way to the brow.  Once these new ears are completed they will be available to troopers who received the NE kits w/ the original ears and would like the new design.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 6/24/2013 at 3:12 AM, MightyTank said:

Here are some pics of helmet assembled.   (note that this bucket details were poorly hand painted by me, and not decals)

-------

Yes there is a small gap when assembled between the brow and the ears.  The idea w/ the original ears we created was to have them able to be trimmed in both size and length depending on where the bottom of the helmet tubes were trimmed to the builder's liking, but this seems to have not been a well executed / received idea.  We  are working on redesigning the ears completely to be easy to put on and go all the way to the brow.  Once these new ears are completed they will be available to troopers who received the NE kits w/ the original ears and would like the new design.

Did you use an AP faceplate on your bucket???

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

So its not just me, I have been sitting here trying to figure out how the ears should be cut to fit. Just looking at them you can tell it is not long enough to reach from the temple edge down to the bottom.  I'm also a little stumped at the large gap that I have between the 'front mask lower pipe section' and the 'rear pipe' section ( see pics). I can probably close much of the gap with a well placed rivet but I'm not sure if that would mess anything up. I spent allot of time studying the reference helmet photos and measuring to make sure that everything is correct, but I'm stalled on the ears and overlap issue. I see that new ears are being made to replace these, I may just need to set the helmet aside for now and start work on the rest. Any suggestions on how to tackle the gap between the face and the rear helmet sections? A rivet? thanks!

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I had to rivet at corner where the front pipe meets the rear. Our armourer left the ears a little fat. I'm going ti pick it up this weekend, I'll post pics when I get it.

And yes, the ear won't fit up to the brow. I have heard you can make it happen if you shave off the foot.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

That's a joke. It sounds like all NE armor in future should be ordered as a "light" kit to allow people to buy a proper helmet. What is the crowning jewel of ANY armor? The helmet. Why stand for a helmet that can never be assembled correctly?? Buy an ATA or RS Helmet. If you buy an RS, it will be like the armor and helmet are back together again *snicker*

Here's the nearly completed armor with helmet pics. I had to dremmel the ears down further, but they're still wider than I'd like. To get them to sit flush with the helmet, required some extra tightening on the screws.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

post-18386-137263261564_thumb.jpg

post-18386-137263262972_thumb.jpg

post-18386-137263263975_thumb.jpg

post-18386-13726326527_thumb.jpg