Palpatine's NE Armour Build - ANH Stunt - PIC HEAVY [*NE]

Well, decided to start building this up now, as title states it is an NE Full kit, ABS 0.90, I never ordered strapping but it included that too so no complaints here xD

Ok we'll start with the box, since everyone does lol, it is a bit smaller than expected, and that was even more apparent when I opened it and saw how much packaging there was :P Every single piece was delicately wrapped in a nice foam wrap type thing and taped, took me like half hour just to unwrap it all lol.

20130510_150318_zps9719082b.jpg

Check out that packing, must have taken forever lol

20130510_150947_zpsd1907bae.jpg

Here I have it all laid out in what to my limited knowledge is the proper order of things, right off the bat you can tell that this armour is definitely accurate both in size and (wonky) shape, very asymmetrical. The plastic is 0.90 ABS, high gloss and a brilliant, stark white.. very pleased. A couple bonuses with this as well besides the obvious already being trimmed, are the free TD upgrades (cheese grater handplates, and diamond kneeplate) as well as ESB upgrades (round handplates, and different ab buttons). It also came with a supposedly full strapping kit (velcro), the shoulder strips were curved already and the thermal detonator was all ready to go, no painting required save the aluminium clips which you need to outsource.

Many Bothans died to get these pictures..... no but I almost did :P

Front

20130510_162711_zps2c7bdf68.jpg

Back

20130510_163400_zps3af61837.jpg

Any questions, ask!

What tool ya gonna use for the frown holes? the stuff seems a little thick for an exacto

Honestly no clue yet, it does seem quite thick but I may just do as I did with my AP and drill holes in the teeth sort of like carve out a hole, and then simple shave them... it was extremely easy on the AP, tedious mind you, but easy... so i'm not sure how this one will go :P if that doesnt work I may steal pandas idea and dremel the backs...

Just got home and opened the helmet package.

First up got some very thin flat acetate material for the accurate stunt

20130510_225103_zps690ae2f7.jpg

And these, are quite odd.. they seem to be a welder lens type material, very rigid but they have been perfectly formed to the eyes and are a slight bubble lens, but I know the hero TK has black lenses, so not quite sure what these are for, cool nonetheless :P

20130510_225116_zpsabd074b9.jpg

Even came with some ABS weld, although I think this stuff is much too permanent for someone as picky as me haha, E-6000 will do for me.

20130510_225133_zps482d1b65.jpg

These fully aluminium mic tips are awesome, they even have the HOVI-MIX Pa2 on them, look totally authentic, include an already shaped mesh and mounting gear as well, I ordered another pair from http://www.tkboots.com/HOVI-MIX%20Pa2.htm to replace my default AP ones (seeing as they look like Wal-Mart brand faucet aerators), they were only 24.00 including shipping to me while Keith's came to nearly double that shipped O:

20130510_225224_zps62360af0.jpg

BTW does anyone have a clue what these are? Because I don't lol.

20130510_225245_zpsa2c66118.jpg

Oh ya, and the it included a helmet liner like sort of a hard hat liner type thing, not too sure if I will use it or not but a nice freebie :)

I am by no means, a big guy... so I will be trimming the shims left over on the large parts of this armour, but I am just slightly confused as where to cut..

These were guesses by looking at trimmed suits and references, do they look alright?

20130511_001818_zps03afd365.jpg

20130511_003725_zps4e82b3d4.jpg

Now for these, should I simply cut along the mold line? Or should I make my own line, since the mold line is crooked as hell and seemingly to me wouldn't match up nicely with the kidney plate?

20130511_001753_zps7f67b0e0.jpg

Should I cut that mold line, or one of my lines here?

20130511_0017532_zps9b66cf14.jpg

And here is the outside... Mold line?

20130511_001735_zpsa543df34.jpg

Or my line?

20130511_0017352_zps6b25dbf9.jpg

Also, if anyone wanted to greatly help out me and anyone else with an NE kit, could you say measure from the bottom of the box on the butt plate to where the plate cuts off, possibly as well on the ab plate to where the crotch cuts off?

I was looking at them bubble lenses, I wanna use them. I wish I could help, Im on Vaycay till next week so I cant get to my build. Hope you get alot of helpful posts,looks like it could be a little confusing. I would guess look at many reference pics, watch ANH in slo-mo,etc. Figure if its on screen ya cant go wrong. As where the crotch meets the backside, I think there should be minimal space between without pinching your nerds off. Good luck! I will be checking back.

Edited by Slave1138

• 1 month later...

that's so funny, I just unpacked that same box last night and of course I spread it out on the floor just like your picture. My wife came home from work and was like 'WTF" is that? The parts look great, It seems to have everything but the kitchen sink included (everything but instructions that is..).  I figure I'll start with the bucket and go from there.  The helmet comes in 3 parts not 2 so Tupper sent me a nice email with some very helpful instructions/hints on the helmet assembly,  Let me know and I'll forward it on to you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...