I'm torn - brackets or snaps?

I hit a wall with my NE armor build. I'm torn on what fitting system to install.

I have a complete bracket system that I bought from Mr. No Stripes a while back. The style used in the movie with screws and wire brackets. I wanted to go this route. Now I'm second guessing it because I feel it can brake easier in time. Meaning the screw will eventually crack the return edge. 

Can anyone who has this set up tell me about how it is working for you?

I use a snap system in my current armor set up. I do like it a lot. If I roll with a snap system for my new build.... I would want to set up the snap system the same way the bracket system is set up (positions chest-AB, back-kidney-butt)

I used snaps in ABS glued to the inside of my armor in my current suit. I would rather use snaps fitted in webbing glued in the armor this time around if I use the snap method. 

What is better to be glued inside the armor? Snaps fitted in pieces of ABS or Snaps fitted in webbing? Is one more reliable than the other? 

If you want the look, but are afraid of stability, you could always simply fake the look... as in either put on small screws with nuts or glue a screw head on to the return edge? I haven't heard of someone doing that before but I can't see why it wouldn't work. But I have only seen positive things about the original strapping system, but that's a totally understandable thinking that some time in the future they're integrity could be compromised... I'd wait till someone who actually uses these posts :P

I honestly cannot speak for the bracket method as I have no experience with it. I have seen though that on some people it causes the armor to "pull" in those areas. In other words you can see where the bracet screws are stretching the return edge noticeably when it's worn. I have also seen people use it with great success although it seems to me that it would, indeed, be more possible to crack over time.

I use the system of webbing snap plates and I will never go back. I don't know who turned me on to it here but once I used it I was amazed at the ease and the strength of the plate as opposed to plastic. Not that there is anything wrong with plastic snap plates. However, one issue I always ran into with the plastic was that the metal snap sticks out just enough so that it is difficult to actually get the plastic to glue down around it. The webbing solves this issue and allows for the full area of the snap plate to be secured down.

All in all I would say snaps are more reliable and functional than brackets and webbing plates are much more reliable than plastic.

(those with brackets please don't be too hard on me and correct me if I am off)

I've seen some screws being ripped out causing damage on the armor. Due to some move you shouldn't have done that created way to much tension on one of the straps etc.

On the other hand, if you want to go super accurate and achieve the look from the screen with sometimes bended chest plates and all that, you need brackets. I tried to get that effect using snaps and it simply doesn't work that way.

I'm still pro-snaps but faked the authentic look with screws on the correct positions and in the end, it's a question of faith. You'll find legion members telling you brackets are perfectly troopable and you'll find members telling you snaps are better.

I have the brackets and I love them, I did have the snaps and I got tired of them coming undone. I trooped three days in a row with the brackets for the star wars commercial and the only problem I had was that the nuts came loose, I just tightened them up after each day and I was fine. I don't do any crazy movements and I only have one area where the screw is making the plastic crack, but I will just make some abs paste let it dry and then drill a new hole. In those three days I trooped 10 hours each day and I had no problems with my set up.

On my previous TM I faked it with screws only - on my new RS I hav full brackets.....however.....

I don't hang the armour on the bracket but place the elastic through it and then attach to the armour...not by snaps just by good ole superglue!!

Gets the best of both worlds!

I used the webbing snap plate system like TK-5492 and I love it, it's very easy to put on/reliable and if you ever need to make adjustments all you need to do is make a new strap.  I've had no problems yet with my snaps coming undone, I use the dritz heavy duty snaps found on trooperbay and they work great. 

Though I must say from my experience, the tandy leather snaps are awful, they take so much effort to get them to actually snap together and snap pliers don't seem to work with them. So if you do go snaps, get the drtiz snaps, they are great.

My understanding is that armor thickness is also a consideration. If your armor is thicker than 1.5mm, the brackets aren't really a workable solution. (I don't know why, I'm just parroting what I've read here in the forums)

I simply used snap plates and elastic in a pattern similar to the way the brackets were mounted in the screen armor, and I've been very happy with them. The snaps act as a fail-safe, too, as any attempt to overstress the strap results in the snap popping loose, rather than a chunk torn out of your kit.