Armor Master - NE ANH Stunt build

Are you thinking of going for EIB or Centurion, if so you may have to add a cover strip same as on the rear. If you are happy with basic approval then you should be fine.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basic for now, but I will need to order another set from TrooperGear unless I can get them a part without too much damage to go higher.Ā  Laying over a strip may cause it to look like two layers on the one side. So restarting maybe the better option.

Ā 

"Are you thinking of going for EIB or Centurion, if so you may have to add a cover strip same as on the rear. If you are happy with basic approval then you should be fine."

Edited by evoxpilot

Agreed, the e6000 side will come apart easily but the other may cause you a problem. Cover strips if placed properly over overlapped pieces will work if done correctly but ideally the butt join cover strip method is best. Keep up the good work :D

For thighs, does it matter if you use the trimmed parts from the thigh for the front shim which are thinner and the thicker shims cut from ABS rectangles?Ā  It seems they are one hue off but I really nervous at this point about any unnecessary deviations.Ā  thanks in advance.

If you have been supplied flat pieces of ABS for the cover strips I would use that, I don't think a small difference in color will affect the build, using the square pieces it will be easier to make the strips straight with the score and snap method. If you notice in some pictures even with matching ABS on a suit it can still look a different color just because of shadows.

Align the bottoms and you can either leave the tops or use some and fold over the excess, both are approvable

I have built this kit and your thigh fronts look fine. The material for finishing strips in the kit does not match the armor. If possible use the left over trimmed of abs for finishing strips and the result will be better. :)

I maybe able to fix both of the shins after all, that is reconstructing the front with shims. A little nervous so I will be going slowly.

Take your time. Since you are trimming the armor down to fit you, there should be more than enough abs pieces to make finishing Ā strips for all the arm and leg parts. Using e6000 makes taking things apart pretty simple. No need to be nervous. maybe just a tiny bit. :) You will have to remove all the glue from the parts. The e6000 peels off very easily.

Helmet

Below is a pic of all the components that came with the three piece helmet. Seems ominous and challenging.

Ā 

I know the title of this build is AM NE Stunt but it should read NE Hero I think.

Ā 

I am looking through some other builds of these three piece helmets to get a game plan together. Ā Hopefully all this stuff will get me to centurion assuming I build the rest correctly.

Ā 

IMAG0381_zps367abcbd.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0379_zpsce6d2289.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0377_zps04a2d842.jpg

This armor is TrooperGear NE (fka AM).

Fun today included:

- Used E6000 to glue the top and the back of the helmet together to stage the next step which is to cut and fit the face, back side of the helmet and the ears. Ā For the Hovi Mics, I read that the inside is white and the outside is painted flat black. Ā The TG NE armor comes with unpainted hovi mics that are silver in color.

- Staged the belt and the detonator, however I have not clips to fasten to the belt. The aluminum clips seem to be hard to purchase from this site recently.

- Both shins have a shim on the front!

Ā 

Pics of the shins:

Ā 

IMAG0393_zps8f94de94.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0392_zpsb19198d1.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0391_zpsfdc5a73b.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0389_zps4bc133fd.jpg

For the elbow, trim off the piece sticking out?

Ā 

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Ā 

Ā 

For the elbow, trim off the piece sticking out?

Ā 

Line up the elbo end so the pieces Ā are even, and Ā then trim excess of at the wrist. Looks like you have trimmed everything to fit. The cover strip will cover the piece sticking out. The wrist should be trimmed reasonably straight.Ā 

Helmet pics taken during a little helmet sizing and measuring using the following link as a visual reference.

Ā 

helmet link: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/2426-tutorials-anh-hero/

Ā 

and some guidance from heavyarms at this link seems to be helpful in avoiding some issues:

Ā 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23893-samurais-ne-armor-build/page-2

Ā 

IMAG0404_zps8b6b5f49.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0405_zps0708b5ff.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0406_zpsd2aaddb5.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0407_zps91bb4b43.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Belt and drop boxes: Drop boxes are on and the battery pack attached to the belt.

Ā 

I used the following as references on the build including the screen captures.

Ā 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/34-howto-attach-your-belt-to-the-ab-plate-and-drop-boxes/

Ā 

http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/Tutorials-belts

Ā 

Ā 

IMAG0410_zps523fdab6.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0412_zpsf2671571.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0419_zps982713f0.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0428_zpsdb5870bf.jpg

Question on the belt, is this button large? It maybe, based on the reference photo located here: http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/CRL:ANH-Hero#/-1/

Ā 

button belt pic:

Ā 

IMAG0429_zps744d1b69.jpg

Ā 

however, I do not want to cut too much and end up limiting my ability to get a higher certification (assuming all else is acceptable)

Ā 

thanks!

For your helmet, unless you have ears different than mine, you will have roughly a half-inch gap between the top of the ear piece and the bottom of the dome. The way you trimmed the back of the helmet should not cause you any issues, just be aware that no matter how much you fight it you will likely have the same gap I had. Also, the neck tubes and cheek tubes are different diameters, making it difficult to create a good transition from the back of the helmet to the face. I had to put a rivet right at the top of the tube to squeeze the plastic together before mounting the ears. Of course, I didn't take any pictures or I'd happily share.

Please share pics that would certainly help. I may have a significant gap on the left but given the lessons learnt I plan to improve the right side. Thanks for the top on the rivet. This is a challenge.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMAG0429_zps744d1b691_zpsa575e867.jpgYour belt has issues that need to be corrected

First, it needs to be trimmed down. there is too much material at the top and bottom. Second, the corners need to be angled down at a 45 degree corner

Edited by gazmosis

Thanks I appreciate the time you spent reviewing the build! I hope that helps me to one day get to Centurion. I completely overlooked that detail since my mind is blown with this helmet!

Ā 

IMAG0429_zps744d1b691_zpsa575e867.jpgYour belt has issues that need to be corrected

First, it needs to be trimmed down. there is too much material at the top and bottom. Second, the corners need to be angled down at a 45 degree corner

Edited by evoxpilot