Thoughts on this for a TD

TD6598

I know we are advised to avoid Ebay like the proverbial but came across this and wanted your thoughts on it!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Storm-Trooper-Armour-/281098470945?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item4172c64621

I quite like the look of it and seeing as it would be a TD outfit seriously considering going for it if I could get rid of that wee voice in my head! :huh:

Edited by TD6598

This is not bad as far as Ebay armors go, but there are some things to consider.

He says its High impact Plastic..If that means HIPS then its more fragile than ABS.

The belt has 4 rivets in it, a TD would need to get rid of that.

The knee is a TK knee and depending on how it was attached could be a bear to remove and yes I know TDs are dirty but a screwed up shin is going to look crappy since the diamond knee wont cover it.

For the amount of work needed to fit it to you and make it a TD I would suggest looking at getting a new set of armor from a vetted maker here.

But as I said as far as EBAY armors go its not a bad one, and the UKG is notorious for being accurate on their builds.  It seems the guy is trying to honestly represent it.  Thouhg I find it odd he is referencing a Hero helmet but the helmet shown is a stunt...

Edited by rhapsodyred99

I would avoid ebay sellers, ones that regularly sell on the site. But every once and awhile you may come across armor that was 501st approved and complete.

Its decent. Good starting base for a TD.

But as I said as far as EBAY armors go its not a bad one, and the UKG is notorious for being accurate on their builds.  It seems the guy is trying to honestly represent it.  Thouhg I find it odd he is referencing a Hero helmet but the helmet shown is a stunt.

Thought it strange about the helmet myself and no sign of it on these or any other forums such as the UKG.

You get what you pay for. It surprises me that folks still lurk on eBay trying to save a buck. When in reality, you end up spending more when it's all said and done. And you get either recasted crap or old FX stuff.