adding to the AB plate

Tray

I have a friend/cadet who is a larger trooper and after getting everything together and working out the fit of the armor it has come to our attention that he possibly needs to add about 2.5 inches to the height of the ab plate. If he has the cod where it goes, his chest plate is above the ab about 2.5" so I can only imagine we have to cut it and extend the ab to fit under the chest plate.

Is there anyone out there that can help with some photos or tips on how to accomplish this. Maybe you have had to do this or have helped someone doing this. We are thinking the best way is to buy another ab plate and cut the top off of it to make it raise higher. I've also considered cutting just under the belt and adding some ABS to it. To me this will change a lot of how it sits and how long the cod piece would be after adding 2.5" to it. Another thing I worry about is the seam if adding another piece to the top of the ab plate.

I do not have photos of what I mean but hopefully that won't be needed for you to understand what I mean.

Tray, 

If you look over at Dan's TKC build, he mentions that he had to add about 2 inches to his butt/kidney plate to lose the gap between the Back and Kidney. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18162-thalizar-tkc-wip/page-2

I'll text him and see if he can take a few shots of it and post them here. You may be able to do the same thing to the bottom of the Ab plate...just hide the shim with the belt.

My RT-MOD has a separate cod (ha ha I can sit down!) and I'm able to lengthen the straps holding it on to the ab plate to get my ab up higher. My guess is that cutting under the belt and making a shim that is covered by the belt is the way to go. Or just use long elastic like I do instead of a shim. Or buy the bigger ab plate from RT-MOD maybe?

-Eric