My newest achievement - TM ESB

Hello everybody!

About two weeks ago one of my Star Wars dreams came true: The postal service brought me a big brown box from the UK.

2f427786-c91e-4513-80cc-dbdc8c52104a_zps

At first I was kind of sceptical because overall it looked a bit too small to contain the great armour I was expecting to receive. But fortunately I was wrong and there it is: My new ESB TM armour, completely assembled and painted by the Master himself.

DSCF0669_zps4d482c75.jpg

DSCF0677_zpsbba5a168.jpg

From the first time I got into that suit it fitted me like a glove. TM really did a great job adapting the different parts to my body measurements!

DSCF0722_zpsb5e6306d.jpg

DSCF0727_zpsa857e056.jpg

Paul offered me to duplicate the look of a special ESB helmet if I prefered one of them. After doing some research I stumbled across this picture and loved it from the first moment I saw it:

ESBTK1_zps10d1256e.jpg

And that`s what he did to my helmet:

DSCF0721_zps83baec51.jpg

I`ve already been able to read a lot about the original strapping system and taking a look at it at some events but until now I`ve never worn a suit using it. The original system may be kind of „old“ and there might be one or another disadvantage but it definatley convinced me. I don`t know how much time the assemblers of the original suits may have invested in thinking about how to connect the different pieces the best way. I guess in fact they didn`t have too much time to think about it. But the more astonishing it is that they developed this great system: stable but still flexible. I especially love the way the calves are hold together!

So what can I say? I`m totally thrilled by the armour and I am definately going to head for EIB and Centurion status with this suit!

DSCF0732_zps63437411.jpg

Paul, once more „Thanks a lot!“ for building this wonderful armour for me! You are a really great guy to deal with and I hope you are going on to continue enriching the community with your abilities, knowledge and helpfulness for some more decades! :duim:

Awesome! How did the Postler (postman) get past the walls of snow?!!?!?

LOL, maybe they are using dog sleighs!