Sourcing accessories and soft parts

I'm on about a 7 month waiting list for my ATA armor and I have a couple of concerns/questions that I can't seem to answer by searching. I'm sure it's there somewhere but there are a LOT of threads to sift through to find it.

It looks like Trooperbay has a lot of the accessories like flexible hand guards, holster, gloves, canvas belt and blue/gray paint. I'm looking to build for centurion and I want to make sure that "screen accurate" is really what it says. What is the verdict on this vendor?

I have the belt from Trooperbay and I got my Humbrol paints form him as well. Good stuff. I cannot comment on his gloves or hand guards as I did not buy mine from him.

Additional purchased that are great: good mic Tips (the good ones), hard lens, Helmet Decals (hand paint emulated and ESB ). I a sure here were a few other things, but I cannot recall right now.

Very happy with service and response time and product quality.

I have the belt from Trooperbay and I got my Humbrol paints form him as well. Good stuff. I cannot comment on his gloves or hand guards as I did not buy mine from him.

Additional purchased that are great: good mic Tips (the good ones), hard lens, Helmet Decals (hand paint emulated and ESB ). I a sure here were a few other things, but I cannot recall right now.

Very happy with service and response time and product quality.

This is excellent news. I'll use him for these things then. Though I think the ATA kit comes with mic tips? now I'm wondering... Anyway.. I didn't see a lens on Trooperbay for the ANH. (Green) I only see the mirrored finish. You bought green lenses for your ANH from him?

His flexible hand guards are too large and too thin to be considered "screen accurate" in my opinion. They are approvable, but not very accurate.

My AP kit came with mic tips that were not up to EiB/Centurion standards, so I picked up a set from Trooperbay, but I don;t see them listed on his site at this time.

Here is the TK Stunt green lens I was referring to: http://trooperbay.com/dark-green-lens-material/

His flexible hand guards are too large and too thin to be considered "screen accurate" in my opinion. They are approvable, but not very accurate.

Well, I've got hands like a girl so they would probably be huge on me if they're big to you. I've seen posts about the "Queen of Hand Plates" or whatever on here, I'll probably use her as long as the white of my armor is similar to the white on her hand guards.

My AP kit came with mic tips that were not up to EiB/Centurion standards, so I picked up a set from Trooperbay, but I don;t see them listed on his site at this time.

Here is the TK Stunt green lens I was referring to: http://trooperbay.co...-lens-material/

Great! Bookmarked that...I hope to start spending my hard earned cash on this stuff in the next month or so.

Well, I've got hands like a girl so they would probably be huge on me if they're big to you. I've seen posts about the "Queen of Hand Plates" or whatever on here, I'll probably use her as long as the white of my armor is similar to the white on her hand guards.

I wholeheartedly recommend hers. She makes both raw latex painted white (like the originals), or cast in white rubber that will never wear or fade. If you want a pristine look, go for the latter version.

I have Karin's White Rubber guards, very happy with them. If you are worried about matching whites, then get the unpainted ones and paint yourself to match the white of your kit (if that is the concern).

I have Karin's White Rubber guards, very happy with them. If you are worried about matching whites, then get the unpainted ones and paint yourself to match the white of your kit (if that is the concern).

I would have to disagree with that. When painting white on a dark surface, it's more or less impossible to get it pure white since the darker background easily shines through.

I wholeheartedly recommend hers. She makes both raw latex painted white (like the originals), or cast in white rubber that will never wear or fade. If you want a pristine look, go for the latter version.

I'll go for the white rubber. Durability is almost as important as accuracy to me.

<I'm one step behind the Master Locitus all night long>

That's what ... she... said?

I would have to disagree with that. When painting white on a dark surface, it's more or less impossible to get it pure white since the darker background easily shines through.

My bad then, I assumed folks bought them unpainted for the purpose of getting a white that more closely matched the armour. So do people buy the unpatinted more for weathering control or saving a couple dollars?

People buy the unpainted ones to paint themselves, and don't want to pay Karin extra to do it for them. So it's likely a combination of cost saving and control. Plus, they might think it's fun.

I loves me some Trooperbay but one thing I would add is that I ended up going with a welding lens material for my green lens for ANH stunt. I found a replacement shield cheap on Amazon and cut it to size. The problem I had with Trooperbay's green lens material is that I could easily see my eyes in any sort of light.

Now I know another TK that simply doubled up theirs and made it work, but just a little work around or head's up...

Good luck with your build! Post pix when you can.

If you are buying from ATA the lid comes with correct mic tips and lens. Karin's handplates are great, I bought the raw version so I could paint them myself and that allows for some weathering as on screen seen handplates. Gloves came from local supermarket cleaning section, Humbrol paints for local toy shop. If you or your wife are good at sewing you can make your own belt and neck seal, holsters are quite easy to make too.