Stormtrooper picture question...

For Christmas I received the Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary.

On page 232 there is a picture of a trooper with a short range combat pistol and an E-11 blaster.

So here are my questions.

What type of armor, and blasters were used in these photos? Were they movie props or fan made?

I haven't seen an E-11 like this before, it's a bit funky looking.

Also, where is a good source for Stormtrooper armor and blaster reference photos?

I wasn't sure where to put this post, please PM me if it gets moved.

Without seeing it, I would assume the blaster is a SE-14, which is a commonly referenced short range TK blaster.

I have also heard that the armor is a film prop, but may not have been actually used in the film.

Check out the galleries, there are tons of reference photos there.

Also, drop by the new members section and introduce yourself properly.

New member thread

Welcome aboard; glad to have you here Mike!!!

:trooper:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

if the pic is the same in my book from 1997, the blaster he is holding is an SE-14 (short range) the armor itself probably is a film used prop... the pic on the otherhand is a promotional pic, for reasons i dont kno the SE-14 was in the promos but not the movie (i wished it were because i love this gun). alot of the pics in the visual guide (my version) are promos, for example: the page of C3po, it tells all about him and what his parts are. there is a "cut-a-way" of his leg to show his inner wiring if you look closely you can see that someone went into photoshop and cut his leg and put in a new pic, there is a faint black line. The E11 on the other i dont know i think it is a screen used prop, i saw that E11 at the star wars exibit here in Ft. Worth a few months back. i liked it, and i think it looks funky because, and i think, that someone along the road maybe MR, maybe a fan thought they saw t tracks but it was actually whats in the pics, when i saw it, i thought it looks more like what they would have done, again thats what i think. i am currently building an E11 based on the pics i personally took and it is the same make as the visual dictionary maybe same one. and it could also be a tour blaster made to look real. i dont know

The E-11's in ROTJ are different than the ones in ANH.

In ANH they used British Sterlings as a base while the ROTJ used Canadian Sterlings...there are of course other differents (added greeblies, different t-tracks and what-not).

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Yes, they definatly cast some out of resin, I think John owns and original or two :unsure:

He has the ESB resin gun..

There is a exact copy of the MGC sterling in both rubber and resin for ROTJ. Had no clue until I came across a few boxes full of them at the archives.

T*E