Heres where the fun begins

Howdy everyone!! Well, as you can see from my other topic, I'm am still working on that build, but I am super crazy and thought, hey, I can never have enough armor so I will buy another set (and the wife said ok),and truly build this one up! So, for your viewing (and sadistic) enjoyment, please follow me on this new adventure. ++LIMIETED TIME ONLY++ One free can of Natural Light to who can guess the helmet manufacturer in the middle...or maybe a cookie, because on the dark side, we have cookies. No really, I am of the ilk that enjoys the replica side of the hobby, not only the fan built stuff. I have to say the one in the middle is awesome, and I think it looks great. Well, I think all my helmets look great, I might be like the dad with the ugly kid, it is still beautiful to me. So please follow along as I finish my armor up on the other topic, and please provide any insights, advice, wisdom, and criticism to this build. I am not here to judge these armors, only provide a photographic journey into my little hobby of madness, and let you guys judge for yourself. A personal thanks to those I have bought from on this forum, TK Boots, TKittell; and Veedox. Also a special thanks to Dday for the awesome holster, and personnel advice and quick friendship. It is great to have someone whom you can personally share the passion with, and to be there to guide you along in person. And an advance thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and advice. Bulldog44, I haven't seen you around, I will need your help and advice too!!!! So now, without further ado, let me introduce Germany's newest addition straight from the UK, the RS Props PVC fully loaded unfinished suit and helmet!! DDay, I think I'm gonna' need another holster, TKBoots, I will need a size 10.

Now to the photos:

the coveted brown boxes:

DSC01896_zps5b6fef6a.jpg

The helmet-isses:

DSC01904_zps0817c29b.jpg

DSC01905_zps694eb129.jpg[

DSC01908_zps27d9535b.jpg

DSC01909_zps022db00a.jpg

DSC01913_zpsab366fc6.jpg

DSC01914_zps2da9dd64.jpg

DSC01915_zps2d7f30b1.jpg

DSC01916_zps26c973e9.jpg

DSC01917_zpsc9551622.jpg

DSC01918_zps1c47f355.jpg

DSC01919_zps3c6ff28d.jpg

DSC01920_zps8ecd5687.jpg

DSC01921_zpsaba7b369.jpg

DSC01922_zps0dbc316f.jpg

DSC01923_zpsfab14cb1.jpg

DSC01924_zpsb62d49c3.jpg

Edited by R2trooper

Good times my friend! That suit is looking mighty shiny! Are you planning on doing a stunt with this one or doing the helmet up as a Hero?

Looking forward to our mini armor party on Friday!

RS props only does stunt helmets, so this one will be the stunt version. My other armor will be a Hero version. Dday, bring another holster by if you have one this Friday. i need to get my first suit up as quick as I can, then get this one up. Thanks.

Well, I saw it was a stunt helmet, but that doesn't stop anyone who wants to make a hero from doing a hero :smiley-sw013:

Basically you fill in the final dimple with some ABS paste and you're good, just paint the frown and get some bubbles lenses!

Wow! Dan, Congratulations! Sorry I have been missing in action with my build. Zero progress but I hope to start up again soon. Your kit looks great. Did you have RS attach the snap buttons on the ab plate?

Nice helmet collection going on there. I just picked up an RS stunt helmet kit to build and will use my previous helmet for reference. Love that hero bucket. Honestly, I think you will be finished with your kit well before me and I will certainly need your advice. Your post has motivated me to get going again on the build. Best of luck and enjoy your new suit! I will certainly be following this.

Zag, you are correct, the middle one is the eFX limited edition hero fiberglass helmet. I also have the eFX Phase one clonetrooper helmet, and the MR Phase two clonetrooper helmet. As display pieces they are awesome, and having all three lined up, it is really cool looking to see the evelution of them. The helmet on the far right is the Movie FX lid. I guess I owe you a can or Natural Light, or a cookie. :)

This is a sad day in the Empire. Yesterday I noticed a small crease in my new faceplate. :angry: Most people would probably not notice it on a finished helmet, but it really bugs me!! So I contacted RS props about it, and like any other Mega-corparation out there, couldn't care about the little guy. No, i'm kidding, they were really helpful, and have agreed to exchange it for me!! :lol: So, while not progress on the build, just wanted to share another awesome experiance with everyone, and give a public thanks to RS Prop Masters, can't wait to have a beer with you at CE II.

box_zps5767f849.jpg

1_zpsfebdc66b.jpg

4_zpsf72d3b49.jpg

3_zps0c54caf6.jpg

2_zps1a8b3e2f.jpg

Quick question, TD caps, how tall should they be. Both of mine are a little different in hight, one is about 1 1/4" and the other is about an inch. Also the TD cover how long is it. I am starting to cut and trim, but my god, I think I want to quit already :) I want to enjoy the build, but I am really worried about over cutting. I quit smoking two years ago, and I want to start up again. No I am over exaggerating, but it is kind of stressful. One last thing, my TD caps are lop sided, is they an easy ways to get the cut ends straight? Thanks everyone for holding my hand. ;)

Edited by R2trooper

Heh, I can relate to worrying more than I should. I keep telling myself.. "It's only plastic, it's only plastic."

Good luck on your build.

Heh heh. Thanks for relating, but the problem is, "it's not only plastic" is not quite true. It is also a lot of paper...money. Man, if I screw this up, it will cost a lot to fix, and a lot of time too. :) Perhaps we all worry too much, but it shows we care. Thanks Echo, I hope this does go good.

Shame about that crinkle but great you are getting a replacemet, here is a nice build thread of the TD http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12561-o2thermal-detonator-help/

Hello everybody!! Well as I am starting the dreaded cuting of the parts now. I have looked at a ton of the build threads, and other pictures, and I think I have an exact idea of what should be trimmed, but when i put shears or blade to it, I keep doubting myself :( Man, this sucks... So anyway. I am working on the left Biecp pieces now. Please let me know what you guys think about the inner curve trim, and the trim for the top and bottom. Thanks.

DSC01948_zps912907e6.jpg

DSC01949_zpsb971c823.jpg

DSC01950_zpsa3482c1c.jpg

DSC01951_zps14cf2388.jpg

DSC01952_zps35615e27.jpg

DSC01953_zps5461bb14.jpg

DSC01954_zps452036b0.jpg

Ok, I guess I can start being called TK Paranoid. :laugh1: I look at the photos of the movie stills and other builds, but when I get ready to cut, I am just not sure... So any advice for the forearms would be nice. Do they look right to you?I have marked out the cut lines with pencil, do they look correct, what do you guys think? Thanks.

DSC01955_zpsbabe46c1.jpg

DSC01956_zps47fd14a6.jpg

DSC01957_zps0f3f6e37.jpg

DSC01958_zpsdb9ec47c.jpg

DSC01959_zps89eb2f7d.jpg

DSC01960_zps379ae94a.jpg

DSC01961_zpsa460b390.jpg

Yup, lines look good, doing a fine job. I echo Hawks comments on the return edges, it's the same for the biceps also. A little return edge on the upper edge, none on the lower edge.

Yea, looks like your mark cuts too much from the elbow side. I left about a 4-5mm return.

The wrist side seems ok provided there is no return left at the edge

• 5 months later...

A long over due update!! Well, not much progress on the suit... Hey everyone! It's been too long. Well, a quick catch up. Well, I was hoping to have my suit ready for CEII here in Germany, but that is not going to happen, then I was not even sure if I was going to be able to attend CEII. So lets see, what has happened then, well first off, I am now retired from from the USAF with over 20 years of active duty service!!!! I am now a civilian again!! So with no more TDY ( free trips to the desert), reports, meetings, Airman getting into trouble, recalls, and readiness exercises, I have been doing what any one would do. I took time off. From about everything. Also, we moved, and like always, it's always a big pain in the butt. Also, my wife has to have a hip replacement operation, which looked like it might have been around the time of CEII, so I had to wait on making any plans for that. But it looks like she will be having it done in about 2-3 weeks, so we are going to be able to make it there!!! Sans armor or 501st membership, but we will still be there. So anyway, I know this has been a dead thread, but there will be a lot more to come with this build very soon. Hope to meet a lot of you of out there. Anyone staying in the Holiday inn??

Ciao

Dan.