Im a Noob and I need HELP

I do not have a suit of armor, that's basically why I am here...

I am 5'8" about 185 lbs.

I have read many threads that talk about types of armor, where to buy, etc. but I need more help.

I have no clue about building the armor once I get a kit and I am wondering if there is a set of building/modifying instructions out there?

I read that some armor suppliers have an option where they can build it for you so that it is ready to be worn, but this sounds more expensive to me and my budget most likely will not allow that... so I am looking into getting a kit and making the armor myself.

I'm a perfectionist and I dont want to (excuse me) half-an impolite person anything, I want to do it right, and up to ESB standards.

Also, do some of these suppliers have a site where I can view kits and their options?

Sorry for all the ?'s I just want to get this done right, and as inexpensively as possible....

you have come to the right place buddy

This area of the forum is going to be full of wonder for you, young Padawan

Also screenshots

They are the ULTIMATE reference

A ? for you:

When you say you want to get your suit to ESB standard,

Are you meaning Empire Strikes Back style, or the Expert Infantry Badge (EIB) award?

Or both?

(I'm going to suggest going for both, I totally did)

In fact if you're picky, you should aim for Centurion level accuracy or above

Hmm... I hadn't thought about that... I originally meant Empire Strikes Back. But I may have to lean towards both now... I just dont, as of right now, have that big of a budget... so I'm just trying to get the best I can with what I've got...

Thanks, man! Any more support you've got would be awesome. It's been a dream of mine to join the 501st and I'm insanely new at it...

haha, and I just saw that the forum censored my half-butt comment. No offense meant!!!

dude, you totally don't have to spend extra to go for EIB or Centurion-

So long as you do it from the get-go

I'm a great example of what not to do, check this out:

ATA are one of the cheapest kits around, and great quality (though there are nicer)

I got an FX kit (read as: crap kit) and had to replace the helmet to go Expert

Now my kit was cheaper than an ATA,

But after replacing the lid, the total cost was greater

Anyhow if you're short on cash, ATA is probably your best option

Downside is their waiting list ('cause they're very popular)

But the upside to that is that it gives you more time to research

Some people think about getting Armour and out there trooping.

To be honest the build, the research, your forum friend and the people that you troop with are very important areas to build on.

Build the Armour yourself, make it look good and fit you, rather than get a ready built off the self suit.

Whilst building and researching you will achieve EIB for no extra cost and you will learn the difference between ANH, ESB & ROTJ.

This FISD forum is equipped with a good search facility.

Good luck.

Also go under the build threads and see what others have done. They may not be the same armor make as the one you end up getting but in the end the process is the same. When I first started I bookmarked build threads and all the tutorials and kept my laptop by my side as my trusty guide. And when in doubt just ask.

Just be aware though that you are not just looking at armor as your only expense. You still need all the accessories that complete the stormtrooper, from gloves and the under suit to all the supplies needed to build it, clamps, glue, snaps, straps, and in my case a dremel.

This hobby can be painstakingly slow and sometimes pricey but well worth it. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard! I joined back in June as a complete noob. I read a lot of build threads and finally decided on the type of armor I wanted. I received that armor in October. In about a month and a half I'm about to complete my build. As long as you have some basic model building skills, and a desire to build you will be just fine. Never be afraid to ask questions....no matter how trivial you think they may be. Good luck!

contact your local garrison.

troopers who live right nearby are most likely your best option when it comes to understanding armor and building it!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed