Glueing rare earth magnets

Hey there,

still working on making the ESB suit ready for Centurion. For the shoulder strips, as the CRLs say, I can't use the ANH white elastic strip to attach them to the backplate.

I guess we still don't know for sure what they have used on the original suits but velcro seams to be the common way. However, I don't like the velcro idea and want to try a solution with rare earth magnets.

When I broke one of these magnets by accident I noticed they have some kind of layer on them to make them look shiny. Has anyone successfully glued these on ABS using E6000 or any other glue or do you think they won't stick properly ?

They will glue w/ E 6000. It is how I have my sniper knee plate attach.

Not trying to hijack the thread but is using the using magnets to affix the sniper knee plate a Centurion approved method? I thought about doing it but I want to make sure I don't have to redo things. lol

Edited by columbiamo
  • Like 1

I believe Patrick is refering to the opposite ends of the shoulder straps that go onto your back plates. The fronts are glued to your chest plate - that is a given - but the backs 'should' be tied with the elastic tethers as they were in ANH. But, because the tethers were probably lost after ANH was filmed or when the armour was refurbished, we don't see any in ESB and the majority of the straps were taped down.

I would go with the elastic tethers personally. You could go on and on about small details the armour should have when most kits don't them, so why bother so much about the shoulder straps?

Just my 2p's worth :)