I haven't build my armor yet (the armor is scheduled to arrive today by mail) but everything together including shipping (but not including the building materials such as snaps, velcro, glue, tools etc etc needed) costs me a little over $1800 USD so far. It probably could've been done a bit cheaper but oh well :)

Edited by svache

I haven't built my armor yet, but things add up and it depends on how "accurate" you want your TK to be, EIB, Centurion. The armor and bucket that I am ordering are going to cost me around $950. I've already ordered and received a lot of the accessories (they add up too) E-11 doopydoo blaster $125, Tk boots $60 Neckseal $25, Holster $48 Undersuit $30 etc. Plus all the materials you need for the build, E6000, neodymium magnets, clamps etc.

I was at Celebration VI when I met some 501st members and started asking questions about how to get started. I was told you can spend about $1000 on the cheap side, and up to $5000 depending on how crazy you want to get with details. On average I was told between $1000 and $2000 to be realistic. Some catch the bug, and build other types of armor too ya know, so costs go up even more :)

Anyway, FISD is awesome and everyone here has been super helpful if not more. So, you are in the right place. Everyone seems willing to help each other out, and like myself want to give back to others. I have a slight twist on making snap plates that are all borrowed ideas, but I don't want to post anything until I actually have built my armor, and test it out. But, I want to wait and hopefully create a build thread as I go through the process with pictures.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to chime in with questions.

In you want to go true FISD, you're looking at the prices above.

But for the costume department, you can do it all for $400 (all accessories and materials included) or so finding a cheap FX recast and doing that. You won't be happy with the suit once you get going, you will start to notice differences and quality problems with your FX recast that ultimately make you unhappy (if you want to really prop replicate or become a true part of the 501st). If you goal is an art project for Halloween, about $400 and some time invested watching auctions gets you in, but again, in the long run you won't be happy with the armor you get. I did it, I bought the FX armor and resold it once it was built for the above reasons, it didn't fit me and I just wasn't happy 100% with the end result, so I bought a TM suit. Working on building it now.

Depends on the level, but if you buy CFO with all the trim etc I think its around 650 GBP, so you will have to convert that.

ok, thank you. i'm asking because i'm going to make the stormtrooper commander costume.