Question about AP shins and boots?

OK, test fitting my shins last night....is one bigger than the other?

My right shin fit fine and even had an overlap in the back. I'll be using the butt join cover strip method and using the 20 mm cover strip. Had plenty of overlap in the back for a likely 25 mm coverstrip I believe.

Now my left one is peculiar. There's some overlap on the bottom of the shin but as it goes up it BARELY closes and butts together. There's been no trim on either shin in the back yet so I still have full edges. Also, the left one really cuts into the top inside of my lower leg. Maybe some trimming of the return edge will help.

As for boots: Is there any other good source on the web for Chelsea boots similar to the ones used on screen? ------------

If I get the chance I'll post some pics of my shin problem.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I had some issues with my AP shins (greaves).

They seemed like they were warped.

Even when I take them off today they snap back into the warped position.

Double check your measurements.

Re: BOOTS

http://www.tkboots.com/

http://www.caboots.com/

Most people don't realize you have asymetry in your body! If you drive a lot, one calf could be bigger than the other. Etc.

But yes, the AP greaves are not perfect, they are totally work-able but in any case you should fit them to each leg to be sure. Or just pad the bigger one a bit, if you're concerned the difference will be visible in the armor and it is in fact your legs, or something.