CAP Helmet

Guest weiBes

He has never sold a helmet that I am aware of. Isnt that what recasting is all about? Profiting from someone elses work.... AND you guys stole and recasted a screen used item. "Who is the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Stole? Nope... permission? Well, I will let you think on that for a while. Condoned? Think on that too.

The bottom line is this and always will be. You did no leg work, studied to know an original when it fell in your lap. I didnt have to offer copies, that you all so BADLY want, and then later slam someone for saying they stole it first. GROW UP.

I know people with full head to toe suits and other helmets you cannot imagine people owning in the private sector. The point is they will never be recast. EVER.. no matter how badly you beg and ask. So who is the fool? You are...

Dont shoot the original person for offering you something identical when you all SHOULD be wearing the GT crap and looking like a bobble headed toy. Your two faced and synnical attitude makes me sick all over. Grow a sack and get your own gig.

Stop riding coat tails. Move along....

T*E

If you think this is about money being taken away from my pockets, then you have it all wrong.

Believe me, the small handful of people that would be interested in my helmets are not the same people who would be interested in yours. Two totally different camps of thought.

For the good of the hobby, people who recast like this should not be supported.

I realize that no one has the right to make these things, but there is a code of ethics that reside in our hobby.

Within our hobby, you have to have permission from the one who first brings the item to the public if you want to recast one of their items.

Without this code of ethics, no one would be willing to bring new items into the mix because of the fear that people will recast them if they do.

For example, a good friend of mine has a screen used scout helmet. We talked about making some available. But he (so far) has been hesitant because he fears that the community will not protect the helmets from being recast.

Recasting without permission hurts the community, and the hobby. We all are affected either directly, or indirectly when someone does it and it is supported. People who are new to the hobby usually don't realize how much. I've been in the hobby since 1992 and I've seen the effects first hand over time.

I have one account and leader knows this. I had to pay for the items i recasted, $500.00 for a second gen recast of your own work, you said that on the forum. i thought it came straight off the molds that touched the inside of the real helmet. man was i duped :( I am done replying to you two now, thanks

Since I found out you were going to recast the item before I sent it out to you, your welcome. Serves you right for having underhanded ideals and motives. And yes I know you have made money, so stop telling people you havent. You can be done talking all you like to me. I could care less about you. We all know what you are and your moral compass is all fudgered up, sad but true that it is.

So long! Dont the the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya!

YEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!

T*E

If you think this is about money being taken away from my pockets, then you have it all wrong.

Believe me, the small handful of people that would be interested in my helmets are not the same people who would be interested in yours. Two totally different camps of thought.

For the good of the hobby, people who recast like this should not be supported.

I realize that no one has the right to make these things, but there is a code of ethics that reside in our hobby.

Within our hobby, you have to have permission from the one who first brings the item to the public if you want to recast one of their items.

Without this code of ethics, no one would be willing to bring new items into the mix because of the fear that people will recast them if they do.

For example, a good friend of mine has a screen used scout helmet. We talked about making some available. But he (so far) has been hesitant because he fears that the community will not protect the helmets from being recast.

Recasting without permission hurts the community, and the hobby. We all are affected either directly, or indirectly when someone does it and it is supported. People who are new to the hobby usually don't realize how much. I've been in the hobby since 1992 and I've seen the effects first hand over time.

This is my last comment, I see your point but dont agree. Look what happened when the MR clone helmet came out, everybody and thier brother has recasted it and know one says anything about that. i am sure it has hurt a licensed dealers profits, dont you think. Thats the risk anyone takes when you make something or cast something. i did it becuase i wanted my own with out paying huge sums of money to people like you. i didnt just recast it, i also recreated it in my minds eye to what i believe and like it to be. I havent been out peddling it around, it has been around for over a year and know one knew it, tons of pics have been posted and everyone must have thought it to be some good, because they never questioned it. No piece of plastic is worth $1000.00 in my mind, EXCEPT maybe an original. If i was to get my hands of a real helmet and made casts and molds of it and someone recasted it, i wouldnt care. because i know it would be done regardless if i agreed or not. I would still be making the closest to original as possible and know one else could, so why should i be mad. if someone wants a 2nd gen for less it should be up to them which they want to buy, this is a free country still isnt it? I do agree with NOT recasting someones own sculpt or original creation, that would be wrong. I casted the whole suit and i am done casting anything else becuase of the labor and time involded, this is what i did and i cant undo it. i am sorry you two spend so much time and energy on something like this, its my hobby and not my life. its something i enjoy and not who i am, theres more to life than a movie or costume. I know the kids around my town think its cool and they love to see it and own it, whats wrong with that? its all about the kids and friends for me, whats it about for you? we were all kids once, dont you remeber?

Gino,

I agree with you to a point. I think that the original sculpts should NEVER have been be recasted. I think the TE lineage is a grey area as Matt has gone out of his way to rip you, GF, and Tony off. Unfortunately this has spawned many recasts of the same work. Yeah I admit its messy and its a perfect example of what not to do. But I also think its too late. There are alot of ANH parts available now. I know a guy who has hero molds that are amazing. Theres another guy in my garrison who has the complete set in hydrostone and cap nback and faceplate in resin. His armor sets are flawless and you cant tell them apart from the set he bought. I heard about a year ago that moncal was working on some ROTJ armor and was shut down. Then there is MFX, SDS, and a few others......Its over man. That armor and helmet will be the standard in two years or less and the FX will evolve into a hybrid of both. I know you can see this too.

I think if you dont want it recast then you should not release it. Its inevitable... If you recast something so you can sell it and make good money on it, its foolish to think that it wont be copied..... Especially if its an expensive item. I think you are the only person who has used common sense when it comes to this. You go out of your way to make it difficult to recast your work. You are very secretive about your techniques. You are protecting your investment so you can continue to profit from it. Its too bad you didnt have the armor first or this would have ended up differently.

With all this being said, thats why I support and promote TE2 so much. The guy loves the armor and helmet and paid alot for the molds. I want him to be successful, and I want people to turn to him for their needs. Not the next set of TE armor that Dan is working on or any other armor that people are working on.

Its a sad line of history. I have decided to embrace what we DO have and forget the rest.

MIke

Thats a dead link for me... I cant see it.

Sorry, it was in the Supporters section, so it is not open to everyone. Here is the text:

FYI, we'll have an official recasting policy up by tomorrow. Also, I'm going to suggest a code of conduct for these boards.

This was posted yesterday.

Mike, I think now we're just copying and pasting our emails here back and forth so here is the one I just sent you in regards to your last email/post.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I disagree.

That's because I would like to keep expanding on having cool things in my collection.

People have accused me of being elitist etc... for not offering my pieces to the public. Can you now see why? It's a matter of trust, not popularity.

I could care less about popularity. I just want to know that someone isn't going to rip me off. Same with others who have contemplated offering up their rare items to people.

If it means that you have to expect that an item you offer is going to be recast, then it is a damn sad day for the hobby.

More and more, I see people being formed into little cliques that all share the same philosophy and trade/sell only amongst themselves. The masses want those items, but don't realize what it takes or means to gain the trust to have that kind of access. In essence, they are chopping off their own arm.

There is so much potential that gets wasted or never sees the light of day because of your sentiments.

That is what my beef is about. It's so much bigger than just a trooper helmet or armor.

LOL :)

Yes, I can see your point. In regards to this armor and helmet....Its over and the soup has been soured. In regards to the prop community its a heard lesson learned. I think Mike H. had a good point when he said "let the TE lineage be a lesson to us all."

I DO love troopin' and I DO love my helmets. Chris is a good buddy of mine and so is Guns. I want to wash all this other crap away but I cant....I got both my helmets because of friendship and I hope thats how this hobby continues.