CAP Helmet

Guest weiBes

post-733-1197048411_thumb.jpgYou wanted to see for yourself. .100 faceplate .125 dome, built like a rock and still sharp. Its not the most screen accurate, but it is still a great helmet. Built with trooping in mind, not just display.

What i meant was, that i built some in heavy gauge ones for friends that use them for trooping. I have done some in .060 gauge for my own personal display. It wasnt a sales pitch, I dont have time to mass produce or want to. Though it is nice to make one whenever i feel like it, which isnt often. I hate forming, but i do love the build and finish.

That's a really impressive bucket, Chris.

It's amazing how much detail and clarity comes through in such a thick material.

Nice job!

Thanks, i can pull sharper but its to hard to get off the molds at this point. i have an idea on how to correct the problem, just havent had time to do it.

I really like that helmet!

Nice job Chris .. it kinda make me wanna get another one beside my AP .. OMG, please god, don't make me go that way ...

And am I alone here getting sad when seeing a cracked faceplate like this?!?

Chris , what idea have you got that will help you get the plastic off the mold when your trying for a sharper form.?

Have you tried H.I.P.S??

(high.impact poly.styrene)

cheers

I was thinking of making a two part mold that splits at the teeth area. that way you could pull super sharp, then remove two bolts that hold the halves together, then remove the top half, then the bottom. I know it would work, it would be alot of work to make the two halves fit together perfectly.

Wow.

I just read the other thread (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it looks like you admitted to recasting Matt's helmet.

Look, everyone knows there's no love lost between me and Matt, but that doesn't make it okay to recast without permission.

Admin, how is he allowed to still be a member if this is the case?

PS, if you belong to RPF, TDH, or MEPD, you won't for long.

Wow.

I just read the other thread (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it looks like you admitted to recasting Matt's helmet.

Look, everyone knows there's no love lost between me and Matt, but that doesn't make it okay to recast without permission.

I am sorry you feel that way. Where did your molds come from?

Wow.

Here here.. Gino and I will take the same stance here every time. STOP RECASTING ITEMS YOU DID NOT SPEND THE MONEY ON OBTAINING THE ORIGINALS FOR.

***Edited for content****

Mods, ban his accounts. Yes, ACCOUNTS. He has multiples...

This kind of thing needs to stop. NOW

T*E

He has never sold a helmet that I am aware of. Isnt that what recasting is all about? Profiting from someone elses work.... AND you guys stole and recasted a screen used item. "Who is the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Here here.. Gino and I will take the same stance here every time. STOP RECASTING ITEMS YOU DID NOT SPEND THE MONEY ON OBTAINING THE ORIGINALS FOR.

***Edited for content****

Mods, ban his accounts. Yes, ACCOUNTS. He has multiples...

This kind of thing needs to stop. NOW

T*E

I have one account and leader knows this. I had to pay for the items i recasted, $500.00 for a second gen recast of your own work, you said that on the forum. i thought it came straight off the molds that touched the inside of the real helmet. man was i duped :( I am done replying to you two now, thanks

He has never sold a helmet that I am aware of. Isnt that what recasting is all about? Profiting from someone elses work.... AND you guys stole and recasted a screen used item. "Who is the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Thanks my friend.