What do you guys think?

squirt40

The helmet looks very fishy to me. Very. Anddd, it is Recast FX. Topping it off being fiberglass. Wouldn't recommend fiberglass to a first timer.

Stay away from ebay! It may save you money at first, but most all of us can say the extra time, headache and inconvenience those kits cause are not worth it!

This is where you belong if you are at the point of considering a purchase-

http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=11538

The vetted casters are extremely helpful. Contact one of them and you will be quickly on your way to organizing what it will take to get your first kit ever, shipped to your door.

Best regards,

Cheers!

Julian

Edited by TrooperJay

Still no.

If you can afford a $300 ebay item that likely will cost more than that at the end of the day, you can afford ATA. Also, keep in mind that this is not a cheap hobby. If you can't afford it now it's better to wait and save up than to buy on impulse. And the costs doesn't stop at getting armour, you also need blaster, boots, tools, glue, undersuit, etc...

Avoid eBay mate, it's just not a good way to go.

As the guys have said, let your budget build up a bit and get something right from the start. It's an uphill struggle to work with with 99% of eBay kits.

I was gonna say the same thing. Definitely try ATA. In the long run you will save yourself a TON of money and headaches. That ebay stuff is not approvable - it will not get you 501st membership without significant costume upgrades that will cost you more than an approvable ATA starting you off right. If you have to wait a little longer to save up a little more money for ATA, it is SO worth it.

The reasons we stay away from ebay are many. They include the problem that recast suits are poor quality, that recasting of FX which is not considered "accurate" any more, and sometimes you don't get all the pieces you need and/or the pieces are not shaped correctly. For example, that helmet is wonky - you'll spend $250 buying a new bucket or face plate to make it look right. It's just not worth it.

Hey is that a recast Rubies bucket? It's got that fish eyed Rubies look with FX tips. I'm no expert but thought I'd throw in. It has the symmetry of FX but look at width compared to the ends of the shoulders it is a bit smaller IMHO.