sports wear as under armour?

There's no Centurion requirements placed on the undersuit, so anything that passes basic should pass EIB or Cent.

The stitching around the knees on those Nike pants may or may not be an issue, but that would be at your GML's discretion.

The hard and fast rules are as stated in the CRL-

Non-textured

No visible zippers or logos

Hope that helps.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't get the blue one!

PS- I know a lot of guys who use this sort of undersuit.

Edited by Darth Furious

I hadn't even thought about price! (hehe, I just assume everyone has more money than me)

If you want to go one piece (with a 2-way zipper for bio breaks), there's also stormtrooperundersuit.com (he even does a discount if you're building your costume to go 501st)

I don't recommend the Stormtrooperunderstuit version. I have one. It's cotton and it is UNBEARABLE in the heat. If you're going to use it for colder climates it might be okay. Also, once you start sweating in it, it gets SOAKED. Needless to say, I don't use it anymore. I have a Skin diving suit I bought that's a one piece, but have recently been using the 2 piece Eastbay under armor.

But I'm in Australia, we have heat, I swear! :lol:

But seriously, I find that once it's soaked, it starts cooling you down beautifully. I think it's called 'evaporative cooling'. :D But it's pretty gross.

I also move around as much as I can (even justadjusting from side to side) to encourage airflow.

Needless to say, you're probably much fresher smelling at the end of the day than me! :lol:

I still like the O-material, but I'm pretty tempted to try the wetsuit as you suggest- it also worked for Jabob, if I'm not mistaken. I'm very certain that he wore a wetsuit.

On 9/18/2012 at 10:36 AM, Trooper328 said:

which under armour on eastbay.com? I'm from Hong Kong, so was thinking of getting something locally.

-------

i got skins style stuff from here

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Having those raised seams on the undersuit looks a little strange to me but it's unlikely to be noticed by most people. As said before, GML discretion. I use the starter brand athletic underwear you can get in select retail stores. I spent something like $25 on my top and bottom. It's lasted just fine for the past 3 years and 100+ troops.

I have a Skin diving suit I bought that's a one piece, but have recently been using the 2 piece Eastbay under armor.

I use Eastbay's Evapor stuff myself. I highly recommend it. It was a lot cheaper than Underarmor and works very well to keep me reasonably cool in Atlanta's sticky heat.

I was just checking out the Eastbay site... They have an Evapor and Evapor Cold types... Am I correct to assume it's the non cold one everyone is using? Anyone know of the difference? I'm wondering if up here in Canada it might be worth getting the Cold version :)

Hey you'd want the evapor one for heat. It makes you feel naked. And when a breeze hits... oh baby!

You won't need the cold wear one because unless you intend to march at the Santa Claus parade, 90% of the time you rather be cool.

Hey you'd want the evapor one for heat. It makes you feel naked. And when a breeze hits... oh baby!

You won't need the cold wear one because unless you intend to march at the Santa Claus parade, 90% of the time you rather be cool.

Thanks for the tip Keith! Appreciate it!