Combat Medic?!?

Hello everybody! I wanted to ask if any of you might be kind enough to point me in the direction of a TK Combat Medic... or has it not been done? I thought I saw a picture of one once, but it didn't look FISD approved. I have to wait till November to order my ATA armor, so in the mean-time, I am filling my head with knowledge, and exploring every option I can think of. A TK Medic has appeal to me, because I spent four years in the Army as a Combat Medic. I can't recall seeing one in the movies, ( and I have watched them all like, 100 times), so I would imagine that if one existed, it would come from the expanded universe. I know from the books that the phase I and II troopers had medics, so it stands to reason that the Phase III's would have them, as well. I will look forward to hearing from you! :)

Welcome! There isn't a 501st approved "Stormtrooper Medic" but I'm not sure of all the variations on the Clone side of the house. Here you have four variations from the original trilogy (ANH Stunt, ANH Hereo, ESB, ROTJ) and five approved EU (INC, TKC, HWT, Sky Trooper, and Death Trooper). Currently being researched/considered are Phase III, Kashyyk Trooper, and Legacy (Joker Squad). Besides if your armor is designed to ensure a stubbed toe kills you why have medics? :P

Ben, I think you will be thrilled to hear that the ranks of the Stormtroopers do, in fact, have medics. They are, however, on the side of the Special Operations. Which is okay, because us in the military love that SOC stuff right? The costume you can build is the Novatrooper Medic. You will, of course, have to paint your armor. But that's just part of the fun right?

For more info, you can understand what a "Novatrooper" is here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Novatrooper

And take a look at the CRL for the Novatrooper Medic here: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_novatrooper_medic

Looks like it would be just what your looking for. Hope this helps!

I am eager to check out the nova-trooper medic at the 501st, but the site must be down, or something cause google can't find it. In the army I was trained to be a soldier first, and a medic second. The two weeks I spent in the field earning my Combat Medic Badge was a real treat compared to some of the other things I participated in... you gotta have guts to stand on the front line, un-armed while people are shooting at you. Thanks for all the help, everybody! Nova-trooper medic sounds like my kinda trooper. I will dive into the Spec Ops section of the 501st as soon as I can. :salute:

Edited by Mandolorian Street-fighter

There actually are references to TK Medics in the EU (they wear blue pauldrons).

If you can find 3 visual references (from different sources), and get a blue pauldron, you can be the first.

I like the idea of a TK medic (white armor with a blue pauldron), better than the idea of a novatrooper-medic (with black and red armor). It was cool to see him and I think it is great that the expanded universe has created so much variety, but I don't like the color scheme of the nova-medic... No offense to my brothers in black or red, I just find the white armor more appealing. I am 36, so I have been drooling over the white armor for THAT long, now. I think I will research the blue pauldron medic and see what I come up with. If I can find three references, I will post them here for deliberation. Thank-you for being interested! :duim:

This is a link to starwars.com, where the same image as above is used to reference the clone trooper named "Kix". He was a clone trooper medic... I love the paint-job, and better yet, he has a medical pack. He makes multiple appearances in The Clone Wars cartoons on Cartoon Network. I am sure I could get him into the 501st, since, technically, he is already a member (during the Old Republic). http://www.starwars.com/explore/encyclopedia/characters/kix/ So, what do ya'll think?

I put out some feelers on another forum for you.

Came up with pretty much the same answer, that AT-ST driver-looking dude. But hey- one more visual reference and he's 501st approvable!

Oh, and the red pauldron/blue pauldron mix-up was my bad memory- sorry for the confusion.

No problem. On wookiepedia, I read that the pauldron was red for medics, but I wasn't sure if it was a mistake or a different era reference. I will keep looking, but it does not bode well. This would be an ideal time for C-3PO to chime in with the odds! LOL If I can't find anything else I will stick with the phase II medic, Kix... I have a few projects to keep me busy, in the mean-time: 1. I am building a TK hero helmet for my brother; 2. I have all the references I need to begin building my life-size R2-D2; 3. just for sh!^$ and Giggles, I am pepping a set of storm-trooper armor... you never know. If nothing else, it will make a cool static display. Next month, I am going to put my order in for a set of ATA armor, so when that comes in, some time in February, (he has a 16 week waiting period, now), I can begin assembling that for my 501st membership... CAN"T WAIT!!! :smiley-sw013: Well, don't give up, battle-buddy! We'll nail this, eventually. I will continue to look, and I will check here religiously to see if anything new has been posted.

• 2 weeks later...