Is this "trooper_bits" a member of this forum?

lightside

He provides pieces in HIPS at reasonable prices on ebay, and they look quite good. Low detailed, but good for replacment of spare parts which are not provided frequently by known providers.

http://www.ebay.it/i...8#ht_500wt_1054

Anyone from UK Garrison knows him?

I've used the "forum search" but with no result.

Edited by lightside

hmmmm... looks to be TE derived. The experts will have to back me up on that though, I can't spot armor lineage and tell you what it is just like that like some can. I've certainly never heard of him.

He's a member of Dorset Troopers based in Bournemouth.

http://dorsettroopers.weebly.com/

He's a friendly guy & they do good work but he didn't actually answer my question about the lineage when I asked. You can try if you like.

He sells full suits outside of Ebay but I decided to save up for a RS kit.

Cheers, Andy

PS - Here's a pic of his full suit:

cid_600CB7E3BB2643B3B5188D9258EDB48Dandye29c662a4d.jpg

Edited by PlayfulWolfCub

Thank you Andy, you've been very helpful.

Actually I'm not very interested in lineage, I have an old TE armour (eheh, I like to write "armoUr" when I write to english people and "armOr" when I write to US people :laugh1:), with some missing parts and I would like to finish it because I have a buyer here in Italy interested in my armour (I have to meet him at 2nd September in a Con). I asked to a known provider but he has too long times, because he put me at the bottom of his list for spare parts, he uses to provide full kits (I don't tell his name for privacy, since we dealed by PM), and I'm defenetely running out of time.

Just one question: does anybody know how gloss HIPS behave? I mean... does it get yellow when it gets old? Or is that like ABS (yes, ABS gets yellow but very slowly and not a lot)?

Edit: looking at your pic I'm pretty sure it's a TE derived armour.

Edited by lightside

The guys name is Andy and his user name is BFA on the UKG forums and here.

I have his armour and am very pleased with it, below is a link to my EIB request (the lid is not his in the photos as I was still in the process of building it)

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18981

He is a great guy to deal with and his customer service is second to none, armour is reasonably priced too.

• 1 month later...

I've had three td kits from Andy in the past. He's a genuine, helpful and honest bloke. His kit is good for the price.... In fact I even still send people his way if they're after parts or full kit. You'll be looked after if you buy from him. ;)

Edited by Smally