Rubber vs latex handguards

For Centurion TK:

Hand guards shall be latex or latex-like, painted white, affixed to rubber gloves in lieu of plastic hand guards.

Does this rule out white rubber? I see it can be latex-like (rubber) but it then states painted white, can we argue that white rubber is not the same as painted white? Or would white rubber hands pass muster for centurion?

Both are accepted for Centurion. Infact, there are more "white rubber" Centurions.

I hope this part gets "re-phrased" some day.

Your question and a question about the "non textured" gloves came to me several times in the past days.

IMHO, painted latex ones are preferable because of the screen accuracy; but as long hand guards are flexible and white (and have the correct details) anything should be accepted.

When I started researching 4 years ago, I even experimented with white acrylic caulk!

But let's see what the bosses think ;)

Edited by Sonnenschein

Actually, rubber is a product of latex ;) Those black rubber gloves are made of latex.

There are other black gloves which are nitrile, which contain no latex.

To be absolut precise, my white rubber hand (aka non-latex) guards contain no latex at all, but a high silicone content. Maybe another renaming for clarification.

So my suggestion is the use of the terms latex-rubber or other (e.g. silicone) rubbers.

"the game's afoot"

The glove was never really in question.

Hand guards shall be latex or latex-like, painted white

Was the only part I am questioning, mostly the painted part.

Does naturally white count as painted......If so should the CRL read Hand guards shall be latex or latex-like, the color is to be white or weathered white. Similar to the wording for the belts.

As I said above, this needs to rephrased as is not clear. A quick and easy solution is just to put painted into ( ).

But yours is even better.

Maybe we could my suggestions (latex rubber, etc) fit in aswell

Latex is a liquid, the finished product is called rubber

Edited by Sonnenschein

Simply put, as long as your hand guards are white, whether that means painted white or not is irrelevant. The point is that they are made of a flexible material such as rubber, latex or sillicone and affixed to a rubber glove.

End of discussion. :P

I hadn't seen your comment before mine came in Karin.

so how about this: Hand guards shall be latex-rubber or other flexible rubber like material, the color is to be white or weathered white affixed to rubber gloves in lieu of plastic hand guards.

Amazing how I can complicate such a simple thing.

Amazing how I can complicate such a simple thing.

Yes, that's a bit amazing. I've never seen anyone get confused by this requirement before. ;)

No offence meant. It's always good to try to make things clearer.

I really just got hung up on the 'painted' part I know how tricky wording can be, especially when speaking to level 3 certification. I didn't want to get ones that were white in the manufacturing process, then have to paint over top of them just to fulfill the painted portion.

I really just got hung up on the 'painted' part I know how tricky wording can be, especially when speaking to level 3 certification. I didn't want to get ones that were white in the manufacturing process, then have to paint over top of them just to fulfill the painted portion.

Don't worry, you don't have to do that. :)