Connecting the chest and ab plate

Dday

So I was considering putting an elastic between the chest and the ab plate to ensure they don't seperate. I think I might have a problem with this in this FX suit I'm building since I'm so tall. I'm going to have to put the chest at the very top of the AB plate and there won't be much room for error.

Has anyone tried this and what kind of results and experiences did you have with an elastic between the 2?

Well, I wear TM, not FX but I've had great success with doing the same thing. And it should be the way to do it unless you do screen accurate, which is basically the same thing but with a twist.

I wear an AP and moulded the ribbed sholder straps to a curve before fixing them to the chest plate. The tension created by the shoulder straps holds the chest plate firmly in place and aside from the elastic connecting the chest and back plates, my chest plate floats freely atop the ab plate with no issues at all.

I've got two wide strips of elastic running veritcally between my chest and ab. It's the only way I can keep my chest in the right position.

I made the elastic a bit shorter than I had originally measured. That creates a bit of tension to keep my chest out from under my neck and my ab from sitting too low.

Aloha,

-Eric

I've got two wide strips of elastic running veritcally between my chest and ab. It's the only way I can keep my chest in the right position.

I did something similar but the straps are adjustable so they can be tweaked on the fly for the best fit.

7770965836_723017a45b_z.jpg

Edited by RedSpecial