TK-5376 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status[244][ATA]

Name: Keith Waechtler
ID: 5376
Forum Name: TK 5376
Garrison: Golden Gate

Armor= ATA
Helmet= ATA assembled by TK-4510 (Mike) with Dave M decals
Blaster= pipe-build by TK Bondservnt 2392 (Vern)
Height = 6’0
Weight = 145
Boots = TK Boots
Canvas belt = Trooperbay
Hand Plates = ATA
Electronics=
Holster = TK Bondervnt 2392

FrontNoHelmet.jpg

Front.jpg

Halt_zpsdc100777.jpg

Back.jpg

SideRArmsUp.jpg

SideR.jpg

SideLArmsUp.jpg

SideL.jpg

Shoulderstraps.jpg

Shoulderstrapfront.jpg

ThermalDet.jpg

Gloves.jpg

Helmetfront.jpg

Helemtleft.jpg

Helmetright.jpg

Beltsquarebuttons.jpg

AmmoBack.jpg

HolsteronBelt.jpg

ABandButtseparate.jpg

Blasterright.jpg

Blasterleft.jpg

BlasterDring.jpg

Edited by TK 5376

Looks great for your EIB!! Good Luck Trooper!! :duim:

It would be a good idea the post a pic of the other side of your Blaster.

Don't forget, for Centurion, if you want that, the corners of the belt need to be trimed at a 45 degree angle.

Looks great for your EIB!! Good Luck Trooper!! :duim:

It would be a good idea the post a pic of the other side of your Blaster.

Don't forget, for Centurion, if you want that, the corners of the belt need to be trimed at a 45 degree angle.

Thanks for the feedback!

Here's the other side of my blaster...

Blasterright.jpg

That's what I like to see! Good work and Great attitude Trooper! :salute:

Thanks Tyler. I am a teacher so I am used to getting feedback and making adjustments. It's really nice though when the feedback is given in a positive way. That's something I really like about the Legion-- for the most part people just try to help each other out and stay positive.

you re welcome.

i am always the guy who has something to complain and you will get a piece of it aswell hehe.

overall a nice build, BUT

since you seem to be a skinny guy like me you should defenetly make your biceps and forearms alot smaller so they fit your proportions, they are way to wide and dont fit in the overall appearance in my opinion.

the thights could loose some material aswell.

you have left a good ammount of returnedge on bizeps and forearms aswell, in my opinion you should reduce it a bit aswell as cutting the coverstrip of the left bizeps a bit.

just my 2ct

feel free to decide its your armor.

regards Dr.

edit on---

since i am on it the thight ammo belt needs some love aswell it looks quiet odd to me

edit off---

Edited by Dr.Senf

you re welcome.

i am always the guy who has something to complain and you will get a piece of it aswell hehe.

overall a nice build, BUT

since you seem to be a skinny guy like me you should defenetly make your biceps and forearms alot smaller so they fit your proportions, they are way to wide and dont fit in the overall appearance in my opinion.

the thights could loose some material aswell.

you have left a good ammount of returnedge on bizeps and forearms aswell, in my opinion you should reduce it a bit aswell as cutting the coverstrip of the left bizeps a bit.

just my 2ct

feel free to decide its your armor.

regards Dr.

edit on---

since i am on it the thight ammo belt needs some love aswell it looks quiet odd to me

edit off---

I appreciate the feedback. I am a pretty skinny guy so the forearms especially ended up being larger than I'd prefer. With all my trimming I tried to leave at least a little bit of the original raised lip in order to have a nice flat surface to glue my cover strips to.

I'll take a look at the return edges, and I see what you mean about the left bicep coverstrip. I can cut that a bit closer.

For the ammo belt, I will see how it looks if I let it tilt down a little bit. That might help it look more natural, especially on the outer edge.

Thanks again!

your welcome,

i just want to help. so you ll be satisfied with your armor.

Its not always appreciated when i start nitpicking but i think its more helpful to nitpick on details and give you the chance to change it than to tell you its awesum when its not.

i know the problem of being skinny and not having enough material for good trimming but as you can see on my armor it works if you put some work in.

I agree on the biceps and forearms. Way too big for you. Remember to trim them in the back, where there is no raised edge.

With that said, I think this is an easy approval. Good job trooper. :duim:

I agree on the biceps and forearms. Way too big for you. Remember to trim them in the back, where there is no raised edge.

With that said, I think this is an easy approval. Good job trooper. :duim:

I'm excited to be approved! Thanks.

I have a question about the trimming:

The ATA forearms have flat ridges on both the front and back pieces. Are you suggesting that I trim more (or even all) of the ridge off the back piece to help it fit better? I was trying to avoid trimming all the ridges away in order to have a flat area to glue my cover strip to. Will the cover strip glue to the curved surface ok?

I seem to recall that the biceps are a tight fit around my elbow joint when I put them on, so I don't know if I'll be able to trim them any further. I'll look into that.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback!

The ATA forearms have flat ridges on both the front and back pieces. Are you suggesting that I trim more (or even all) of the ridge off the back piece to help it fit better? I was trying to avoid trimming all the ridges away in order to have a flat area to glue my cover strip to. Will the cover strip glue to the curved surface ok?

That's how the originals and TM and RS forearms are assembled. No ridge in the back, and the glue sticks good to the curve, so you should be fine.