am vs ata

I don't think there is a better. Just a better for your size and skills. Opinions vary, but I have yet to see a bad kit from a kit maker that is recommended on this forum.

Size and weight are a factor. If you're not a tall or wide dude I suggest the ATA which is more screen accurate than AM. You won't be trimming the thing down as much to fit you. Plus the chest plate on the ATA is much better looking than AM.

Whatever you do please do not get an AM helmet. Bleh.

Aloha,

-Eric

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, was torn between the two because I have been hearing great things about both sets. However, I am not a particularly big guy at 5'8'' and 185lbs, so I decided to go with the ATA armor. I am on a waiting list now and eagerly awaiting an emal about an available set.

Future readers of this thread:

If you are considering which one of these based on how much money you will spend, then you´re looking at the wrong factor. They are different sizes of armour. If you wear a size xlarge T-shirt you´re not going to buy a size medium. Same thing with ATA and AM. AM is for large guys, ATA is for smaller guys.

Yes, you can trim an AM to be smaller, and you can shim ATA to be bigger, but you get the analog I think.

Future readers of this thread:

If you are considering which one of these based on how much money you will spend, then you´re looking at the wrong factor. They are different sizes of armour. If you wear a size xlarge T-shirt you´re not going to buy at size medium. Same thing with ATA and AM. AM is for large guys, ATA is for smaller guys.

Yes, you can trim an AM to be smaller, and you can shim ATA to be bigger, but you get the analog I think.

Exactly. When I first started out looking I was concerning myself too much with cost. After solid research and talking to a few locals, I've found that I should focus on fit and style, as well as quality of materials and detail.

I, too, was torn between the two because I have been hearing great things about both sets. However, I am not a particularly big guy at 5'8'' and 185lbs, so I decided to go with the ATA armor. I am on a waiting list now and eagerly awaiting an emal about an available set.

I am very close to your size and weight and I can say, you will be very happy with your ATA Kit. I Love Mine :)