Could this be something, or just another bad decision?

Pete Boozer

I've been very reluctant to post this because ive read that one should avoid ebay at all costs pretty much. But seeing as i could not find anyone saying this seller or company is specifically evil, and because, unfortunately, money is a factor with me, i thought id give it a shot.

here's the link :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280923398644?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1179wt_1189

Obviously i have my doubts about it, but if any of you guys know anything about this, id love your input. Even if i can work with it or something, im not trying to be incredibly screen accurate down to the T. I intend to join the 501st eventually, but id like to have something tangible i can work with and get my feet wet.

so please let me know what you guys think, and thanks in advance

-Pete Boozer

Oh and one more thing; The title of the auction is

Star wars stormtrooper armor kit fx halloween ANH 501st approved new

Im aware that anyone selling recasts would have no problem saying its 501st approved, as ive seen a lot of other sellers doing. i just cant decide of them including that in the title is a good thing or a bad thing haha

$61 +99 p&h = $160 then You would have to ditch the helmet(FX lids arnt approved),so add another $200 for a decent lid =$360 and thats if you can get for $61 in the fist place.

Now you are better off taking that $360 and putting it towards some armor from a reputable seller.I hear ATA sells armore at an affordable price

Edited by DudeSidious

Might be just me, or does the first picture look nothing like the parts that come in the auction especially the "O II" looks really soft in the parts picture.

Also you know something is up when he posts this in his details,

"This auction is for a Star Wars Stormtrooper Armor Kit in white UV stable ABS - as seen in the photo . This kit is much more accurate to the film than most other kits you see for sale (particularly FX armor). "

When the title of the auction is "Star wars stormtrooper armor kit fx halloween ANH 501st approved new"

He's contradicting himself a little no? I would go with someone here brother. Save yourself the heartache.

Edited by bigironvault

Avoid this auction! Buy from a vendor on this site. They like to say 501st approved to entice you.

look @ the list B 4 you get anything

http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=11538

if you can get armor for that price i have beach property here i can sell you with a light house and Brad Pitt next door

Edited by snoopy trooper

yeah, pretty much what i figured haha. thanks everyone for the responses. Im actually very interested in the ATA, and have been reading up on it, as well as RS and AM. I just thought maybe on the off chance that someone with a good set out there might sell on ebay, i could grab it.

Usually if someone does have a good set they are trying to sell, they will mention it here first. Secondly, even then it probably isn't a good idea since everyone is so different in size and comfort level etc. If you can try it on locally that's different of course. But you catch my drift. :)

Money is an issue for all of us - but as some like to say "buy once, cry once". Save for what you really want instead of upgrading later. 99% of the time, all that ebay has are FX recasts, regardless of the seller. And like Keith said, if there is a non-FX suit up on the bay for sale, it will probably be available on the forums first.