New Mannequin - 1:1 (Life size) Action Figure

Hi all...

I'm a newbie, so please play nice...grin.png

Hope I'm posting this in the right place... I just got a new mannequin for my SDS stormtrooper armour which I think is really unique ...

I'm putting up a few (small) pics, but here are a few of the reasons why I chose it over a wire and foam one or shop window dummy....

- It was designed specifically for stormtrooper armour and other 1:1 Star Wars costumes

- It's extremely poseable(see photos!) It's articulated in the same places as a 12" Medicom (etc) figure... It's really a

life size Star Wars action figure, which was my dream as a kid...big kids, big toys...You know how it is....

- It's got a really rugged steel/aluminium/injection moulded plastic construction... Some of those poseable foam/wire mannequins

come with a warning not to pose them too much cos they'll break!

- It's adjustable in height from approx 5'8" to 6'6" (172-198cm)... I'll start with my stormtrooper costume on it at my height,

but then I can put it up to full height and swap out the 'trooper for my Vader when I get bored...

- The arms and legs are adjustable in length and girth so I can match it pretty much exactly to my dimensions, so it fits my armour...

Handy when you have short legs like mine...

- The upper and lower torso are adjustable for length and girth...which is also great as I'm not getting any thinner...

- The fingers are fully poseable and the wrists lock into three positions...the right hand also has a clip to secure a blaster or

lightsaber extremely firmly ... No dropping that expensive prop E11... Or your Hasbro/Doopydoos (see photo)... Must get round to

finishing that!

- It came with a sturdy steel disk base which has a "prong" which goes through the heel of the right boot so there's no visible

support... Looks like a giant version of the old Palitoy/Kenner action figures with their plastic disk display stands...

-There is a second, alternative "prong" on a small steel plate with bolt holes in it... The idea is that it can be attached to

a diarama.. I'm going to build a podium modelled on the Bespin carbon freezing scene with the yellow/orange strip lights to stand

him on. The plate will be pretty much hidden under the heel of the boot...

- Another cool thing is that the "skin" is white and the internal bits are black, which mirrors the Stormtrooper armour/bodysuit...

Yes, I am a bit OCD! Lol

- It came as a kit and was easy to put together... Just needed an electric screwdriver, also useful for adjusting the girth of the

arms/legs/torso, which only takes seconds

- It's fun to get it into some extreme poses, and it still stays absolutely solid. I want to get a Darth Maul eventually, especially

as it can handle the high kicking martial arts pose easily (see photo… Note broom handle Darth Maul “lightsaberâ€â€¦)

- On the subject of Sith/Jedi costumes, there is an extension to the stand which raises the mannequin up so it looks like it’s

jumping/flying (see photo)…I was thinking of the Obi Wan/Darth Maul battle for these poses.... Would be cool for Boba/Jango too…

Basically, it's awesome !

Well, that's pretty much it... Hope you like the pics... If you have any questions or would like larger copies of the photos, PLEASE EMAIL ME at

cinderellaboy@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for looking

Cinderellaboy

trooper16.JPG kneeling.JPG maul_kick.JPG obi_jump2.jpg starsky.JPG

Glad you like it too. I would have paid double, considering what it can do.

Especially when wire and foam ones, which in my opinion look nothing like a

real person in the armour, are around £300 (GBP).

If you want the name of the company that makes them, drop me an email.

All the best

I have a rigid dude similar to a store mannequin. It was inexpensive, but not easy to work with. I really like the way you can pose that one.

5HY1GVY.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2021

The poses are almost limitless and the frame is rock solid steel and

aliminium, precision engineered.Not to mention the fact that you can

adjust the girth and length of the limbs and trunk to match your own

more closely. He can go up to Vader height, and the shoulders and

hips extend outwards. The guy who designed it wanted a "one stop

shop" as he has various character costumes from Boushh to Vader.

It is the ultimate life size action figure...

I have mannequins available in the USA for members in the USA. They are also fully posable. Plus they come in black so no under suit is needed. I have been selling them on the 501st legion boards and have not got around to posting it here yet. Here is a link to my website and webstore.

https://tkproductsllc.net/posable-mannequin/

There are photos there along with two videos...

I have mannequins available in the USA for members in the USA. They are also fully posable. Plus they come in black so no under suit is needed. I have been selling them on the 501st legion boards and have not got around to posting it here yet. Here is a link to my website and webstore.

https://tkproductsll...able-mannequin/

There are photos there along with two videos...

Awesome stuff Jim. I am moving to Hurst next month and plan to hook up with you. :jc_doublethumbup:

Awesome stuff Jim. I am moving to Hurst next month and plan to hook up with you. :jc_doublethumbup:

Great! I live south of forth worth but work right by hurst. It will be great to have you in the squad and I will definitely hook you up with some gear. :)

Hi Jim,

Checked out your videos of the poseable Chinese mannequin. They are the

standard fayre that most people will have. I had one but sold it when it was superseded by the

one in my first post.... I upgraded for all the reasons listed above. I didn't want to scrimp

on the display after spending £1,000 on my SDS armour. I'm currently building

the carbon freezing chamber inspired plinth I mentioned... Just attached the plate which came

with it and goes into his heel. Will post pics when I'm done...

For a bit more money I got sth that is COMPLETELY adjustable to fit pretty much

all body shapes and costumes, has no visible support, like a giant action figure.... It even flies...

If you're on a budget, you can't beat the cheap Chinese wire and foam ones.

Horses for courses etc etc

This flexible mannequin is really great with all its poseability. But the price for one is about £800 plus vat and postage, which is a lot IMO, no matter how cool it is. The UK mannequin I have is very solid with movable head and arms, and I got it when on sale so I could have bought more than 8 of them for the price of the flexi one. For a Darth Maul or a Spiderman 1:1 I would have thought of getting a more flexible version, but for a Stormtrooper the one I have is perfect.

Hi Sergiu,

That's the current price? Like I said... Horses for courses...I needed sth adjustable

cos I had to cut down my leg armour... And I want to display my vader (maul etc in future) so

size adjustment and extreme posing were important...I dont have

space to display more than one at a time or store a vader sized mannequin so this was

perfect for me.

And as I told you in my mail, I just don't like the way the armour looked on my foam one.... It's

all about personal preference and budget. I know that the steel and aluminium will never

fail on me.... I've got it for life .... And if I do decide to sell it, it has great resale value...

• 2 years later...