Helmet fan/mic combo

John

I'm looking into new fans/amp/mic etc...for the bucket.

I saw this on Ebay for $125 + s/h.

-----

It appears to be a whole combo kit. Has anyone out there ever seen or used this kit...? Is it worth it...?

If not, I would be open for any suggestions... Obviously I'm looking for quiet fans...and a mic/speaker system that will project the voice...

I've been looking at triktoys...it looks like they have some great stuff there. The static burst idea is appealing also...

Please let me know what ya'll think....and if you can steer me in a good direction as far as fans/mics/speakers...static burst items...I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks...

John

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

It really depends on u.

u have sets that go from home made kits, rom/fx, triktoys, trooper com and others i dont remember the name.

The main things is price/bells & whistles.

U will find the same number of fan and ppl that dont like one.

i would use the search engine to find the different threads of each, or the ones were they talk about each.

I personales when for the Triktoys one, once i get it i will post my review.

Wait around and see what other troopers say.

i would take your time on this item and pick the one u really like the best.

John,

I have the skullworx kit for my FX helmet. I went with it because when I built my helmet I didn't have / want to spend the time building up my own unit.

If you want a complete unit I highly recommend BOMMAR (search our site). Otherwise, build up what you need with radio shack parts. Third option, skull.

Happy turkeyday

BOMMAR is what I'm basing my setup on. Couldn't afford to buy a BOMMAR setup, but I did buy the TrikToys mini-amp set and a couple of small fans, a project box and two soft-touch switches from Radio Shack. I also got some black, ribbed wire tubing from Lowe's that was split to tuck all the excess wiring into.

I'll try to post some pics of the parts I have and as soon as I get the whole thing together, I'll post some of those.

BOMMAR is what I'm basing my setup on. Couldn't afford to buy a BOMMAR setup, but I did buy the TrikToys mini-amp set and a couple of small fans, a project box and two soft-touch switches from Radio Shack. I also got some black, ribbed wire tubing from Lowe's that was split to tuck all the excess wiring into.

I'll try to post some pics of the parts I have and as soon as I get the whole thing together, I'll post some of those.

If you want to get away from a powered mic, pick yourself up a pack of stock # 271-1126 resistors at radio shack. Run a resistor from your power source back to your mic jack. Other than the vac formed parts, I could build a complete bommar out of radio shack. I'd rather save money and buy on line, but they have stuff in hand (sometimes) and will do in a pinch. I remember when radio shack was just parts. Now it's mostely high priced gadgets:/

I've got a couple of the Skullworx units. I love them. It's a great option if you don't want to take the time to build up your own, and they can be customized (add fans, buttons, whatever).

These should NOT be confused with the FX ROM, Hyperdyne, Triktoys amp, etc... they are just the basic amp (no sound effects), fans, mic, and wire management system.

In addition, Scot is a stand up guy and great to work with. I've worked (obviously, hence the multiple units...)with him a few times, and I could not be more impressed.