Squirrel fans / battery packs where to buy in Canada?

I am not finding discussion on where to source the squirrel fans north of the border? Also, where is the best place to source battery packs?

Thanks for any input. And if there is a thread buried here tha covers this, I apologize for not finding it in my search.

I'm always up for a squirrelly run for my northern friends! I don't call it "Squirrelly Smuggling Operations" for nothing.

Not to mention those black Canadian squirrels are e NOR mous... what do you feed those things!?

Edited by LadyInWhite

M'lady I would be interested in maybe four fans. But since you are in California I might have you send them to my mom in Paradise. I'll be visiting this summer ( and meeting Vern in person in Chico I hope).

Drop me a PM with cost and PP details.

• 1 month later...

allelectronics.com is in so cal and does ship out of the USA go to their web page and save a few $ (us) . Thay have fast shipping and I have been doing business with them for almost 10 years now and made I cant even count how many fan kits I have made using their stuff . Everything 100% guaranteed .

Edited by snoopy trooper

Hey Charles here's a thought that you might want to consider. I know that some prefer not to have the battery enclosure. But given the level of moisture in the lid etc. (and having an on/off switch) you may want to consider getting those. I'll show you when I see you in a couple of weeks.

• 9 months later...

Easiest setup would be a 12v fan, a 9v connector, and a switch-

Pick a 12v fan- http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/220100/Fans/D.C.-Fans/1.html

Grab a 9v connector- http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/BST-7/9V-BATTERY-CLIP-I-TYPE-6-LEADS/1.html

Grab a switch- http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/PB-13/SPST-PUSHBUTTON-PUSH-ON/PUSH-OFF/1.html

Did you want both fans on the same supply? If not, just grab an extra switch and a second fan. 

You'll need a bit of wire as well, which you can pull out of any unused electronics stuff, or grab a roll, it's fairly cheap. If you buy it, make sure you get stranded and not solid wire. Stranded will flex and bend, solid will break after a while if you keep bending it.

Edited by Bernarr

Ok order placed. I found there are many different types of fans, and some that claim to be low noise. Due to the relatively cheap cost, I ordered four different fans to do some comparisons. As soon as they arrive, I'll update you on my findings.

Now it's time to move onto an external hearing amplification system. Anyone? Anyone?

Yea I got all 12v fans, with switches, two separate 9v plugs, rechargeable batteries.

I ordered several different types of fans, including the blower type. I've seen several different setups but wanna play with it a little.

As far as the external hearing setup, In kind of stuck on whether or not to get the internal motorcycle padding. I think it might limit the air flow some for the fans. Also, I'm not sure what sound amplifier to buy, not sure on the microphones to mount, and how to really get it going. I think the environmental amplification system may be better in theory, but that remains to be seen.

Most people use the construction helmet suspension or just a couple pads velcro'd/hot glued into their bucket. The suspension I'm talking about are like this one-

------------

The sound amp I'm working on is going to have 2 external mic pickups with a headset jack. So you could use either headphones, earbuds, or rip apart a pair of headphones and glue the speakers into your helmet. If I can't come up with something better, that's how I'm going to go, I think. I'm also working on a voice amp so you don't need to scream to be heard lol

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I was thinking more along the lines of ordering a set of a noise amplification headset, like one used for shooting or on a construction set. I'd take apart the necessary parts, and somehow mount the pieces into the motorcycle helmet padding. All those pieces would get mounted into the helmet along with the fans, microphone, batteries, and wireless amplifier for the icomm.