Attaching the Belt?

I am in the last stages of my build and I need advice regarding the belt. I know it must be attached to the ab plate and I plan on using snaps. My plan is to make the holes in the belt, mark the ab plate where the holes lay, drill the holes and attach he snaps.

I searched the forums, but had a hard time finding a post showing someone attaching the belt. Any advice, warnings, or alternate methods would be very appreciated. :smiley-sw013:

Thank you.

Hi Frank,

maybe this will help:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It is not required but does help with the weight of the holster. You can do it the way you stated or with the velcro. If you do it the way you stated you kinda need to do it the opposite way you stated. I did it that way and ended up having to cut one of the snaps off cause one fell on a high part of armor and the other in a valley and you could not snap both at the same time. I would recommend putting snaps on the high parts of the armor then marking where they would match up with the belt, or just do like above and use velcro.

My plan is to make the holes in the belt, mark the ab plate where the holes lay, drill the holes and attach he snaps.

This is exactly what I did. Make sure the belt is in the right location height-wise and properly centered on the ab plate before putting any holes in it. That part can be a bit tricky, so it may help to temporarily attach the canvas belt to the plastic utility belt and lay them both on the ab plate so that you see how the final result will look, in order to get the right location.

Putting the snaps in the high part of the ab plate seems like a good idea, but you run into the practicality problem of being able to get your snap tool in there to hammer it down. I tried that at first with a kit I was helping on and couldn't do it. I ended up having to redrill the holes (misplaced holes are covered up by the belt) further out towards the edges of the belt in order to be able to physically access the snaps with a hammer & setter tool.

, but you run into the practicality problem of being able to get your snap tool in there to hammer it down..

I riveted my snaps onto the ab plate with a small scrap piece of armor as a spacer to make a tight fit. Saves from worrying about that.

Make sure the belt is in the right location height-wise and properly centered on the ab plate before putting any holes in it.

Thanks for the photos and tips guys. The above quote reminds me of another thing i have been wondering about. Does it matter if the belt sits just under the ab button plate or does it need to be slightly higher to cover a small portion of button plate? :unsure:

Position the belt so that it is just under the button box, and sits parallel to it. When aligned properly, the top of my utility belt (the plastic portion) touches and is aligned with the bottom of my ab button plate.

I know it's a departure from screen-accuracy, but I actually like the fact that the ab button plate on the AM kit is thicker and sticks out more. It makes for a natural stopping point to keep the belt properly aligned and prevents it from rising up and scuffing the bottom ab buttons.

• Like 1