Sniper Plate

I am getting ready to attach the sniper plate and was reading the requirements. The base requirement seems to be rivots, brads, etc., but 3rd level states no "visible" rivots, brads, etc. Does this mean the sniper plate is glued on? Or are some troopers actually using velcro? Glue is what I assume, but was wondering what other troopers are using. :unsure:

• 3 months later...

Frank

Sometimes the glue method doesn't always hold up, especially on some thicker armour plastics.

Our Cheif Armour at the UKG, Billy (Billhag), came up with this simple but effective way to tackle this problem that some guys were having B)

http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=18483

On 2/6/2012 at 4:43 AM, Billhag said:

Here's my method, nothing too big and exciting, just a simple solution with the practicality

of being able to remove or replace if needed at a later stage.

Some sniper plates can be a bit of a buggar to play around with and 2mm acrylic capped ABS

is no exception as it tends not to give too much when you try to bend or shape it.

(no problem with 1-1.5mm). Riveting it straight on is not to much of a problem

but it tends to fight you when you try to glue it in place. E6000 will hold it but as I have seen

many times will eventually give out. You could use something more permanent like Pipe Weld

or similar but this means you’re knackered if you ever want to swap it out.

So here’s my little solution, nothing revolutionary, and there may well be some out there who

have an even better way to achieve a nice ‘n’ clean non permanent way of fitting this little buggar

with less fuss, so always keep an open mind, ‘coz as the saying goes “there’s more then one way to

skin a catâ€

skin a cat†

rw5w2yt.jpg

AkitHaS.jpg

tNuWJtU.jpg

Gerrit

Go for the smaller rivet mate and once they're on get some Miliput and just dome the top off, works a treat

wink.png

SPHiddenbrackets02.jpg

SPHiddenbrackets01.jpg

SPHiddenbrackets03.jpg

Gerrit

Go for the smaller rivet mate and once they're on get some Miliput and just dome the top off, works a treat cool.png

Hope this helps :)