Doopydoo E-11's

Sooooo much faster just working with super glue.

P3310003.jpg

P3310002.jpg

Need to make a scope mount and bracket for the hengstler. Otherwise just a few touch ups with bondo and its time for paint :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work there buddy! :)

On my EE-3 I've been building I've used E-6000, super glue and hot glue for different parts and purposes. Has turned out pretty good I think.

And almost forgot. The endcap and loading handle aint glue in yet.

Did like in Martins Doopy build(the one thats pinned) and are going to make a spring and back bolt as well :)

Calling the Hasbro mod done. Dont want to throw any more time into this little side project.

Hoping to go to the hardware store tomorrow and pic up a few items for the complete kit and maybe something to start on the pipe build.

Pictures:

P3310005.jpg

P3310006.jpg

Had to make comparisons :D

Hasbro

Jedirobe

SDS

P3310007.jpg

P3310008.jpg

P3310009.jpg

That JediRobe one is so bad, words fail me to properly describe just how sucky it is. Yuck!

That shop needs to be closed down for good.

The full resin kit turned out good so far. Why glue the endcap when you can make it functional like on a real sterling though?

Yeah its really an insult to all things E-11!

The end cap is not glued. Its functional, and I'm in the progress of making a rear bolt for it. Going to the stores today, to get the rest of what I need for this build.

Screws for the front(and a drill large enough to remove the resin ones)

Scope rail and material to make a bracket for the Hengstler.

Have given it a bit of test paint now, and just noticed I forgot to glue on two things... :6: Can you spot them?

P4020008.jpg

You're going to need to repaint after you drill out the hex screws anyway so you might as well sand down the paint around the ejector port and front vent hole to glue the shields on. Make sure you do sand the paint off though - those are some small surface areas and I wouldn't trust the paint to hold between the glue and the resin...

Thanks, but I know ;)

I'm kind of a veteran model builder(a lot of Forgeworld models) so I know how important it is to have clean surfaces before assembly :)

But I have been out getting supplies now, and will continue the build right after dinner :)

Only thing i forgot to get was a suitable spring, but maybe I'll just use an old airsoft spring. they are a bit slender though, but will work for now.

The result after my trip to the hardware store.

P4020009.jpg

Wasnt sure wich width the scope rail should be, so I bought a 15mm and a 20mm aluminium bars. They are 3mm thick, so they should be able to hold my original M/40 scope.

The long L-shaped aluminium bar is for the hengstler bracket. It cost next to nothing and is already bent. Alot of exces material though :P

A question.

As you can see i have bought two different hammer efect spray paint. I would like to use the silver paint first, and then apply a coat of regular black spray. Whadda you guys think? Should I go this way, or will the black hammer effect paint work beter?

Thanks.

I had measured the outsides of the rear iron sight and that was 15mm, but the rear foot of the scope is 20mm.

Might as well make one of each to see what looks the best.

Hengstler is on as well now and I think it went quite well :)

Still need to replace them hex screws, but think that will have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe...

P40300042.jpg

P40300023.jpg

Ready for the Hammer effect spray.

P40300024.jpg

Funny how it looks like the FX(paintball-ish) guns we use for CQC excercise in the army, with all that blue on it....

Indeed it is, thanks for the reminder, but I think its easier to touch it up with a brush and some boltgun metal, after the black spray.

Otherwise it would be hell to try and mask that area off :blink:

But I will be masking off the bolt.

Edited by Arnie_DK

To colour that part I found that using a blunt pencil gives a very good effect. It gives it a real metal look and helps it look not to brand new.

Hmmm... Interesting approach to it. Might give it a try :)