Got my boots today [TKboots]

Hey all! First piece of my kit came in today from TKboots. Right off the back I got these thoughts,

Pros

• Really comfortable! They don't really look like they would be but they definitely are.
  • Materials are top-notch. (Really for only ~$60?!).
  • Workmanship is really great - better than some shoes you'd find at a mall.
  • Soles are super sticky. I could actually wear these shovelling snow up here in Canada.

Cons

• They are much bigger than "normal" - I wear 10's in real life so after some research I went with 9's and they are still quite big. Nothing that an in-sole or thick socks wouldn't fix though.
  • As a side note - they don't "click" when you walk, if that's important to some.

Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase. If anyone's looking for boots, I don't see a reason trying to find a pair in surplus or putting a whole lot of effort trying to get the look. Just get these imho!

X_boots.thumb.jpg.6345d4c9af2146e9ecfa4d14230aa773.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Thanks very much, Mathias! ;) Hope they last a long time, Keith. You probably just saved me several hours (and dollars!) of searching on Zappos or some other shoe site. Hopefully they'll work out for me too.

-Aidan

Thanks very much, Mathias! ;) Hope they last a long time, Keith. You probably just saved me several hours (and dollars!) of searching on Zappos or some other shoe site. Hopefully they'll work out for me too.

-Aidan

No problem. They last a long time. I've had mine for well over a year with plenty of trooping added to that, and even some casual wear too. Only recently has the glue for a heel started to come undone, but that's an easy $2 fix. :)

-Aidan

Glad you found it useful. That's what we are all here for! :)

Absolutely. I'm beside myself with how friendly and excepting this group of people is. Even though I'm already having a blast talking to other troopers and candidates I can't wait to see how large a part the 501st will ultimately have in my life. (In short: this is gonna be awesome.)

-Aidan

I had basically the same observations bigironvault.

I ordered 11's as that is my "street shoe" size (Vans/Hawks) and had to return the TK 11's I got as I was swimming in them. The 10's I received were much better but still a pinch too big. Doing the same as you, dropping in an insole and wearing a thicker sock.

I ordered 11s as well because that is what I wear in Vans. They are actually just as long as my vans but I, too, feel like I'm swimming in them. I'll be putting some insoles in them but they are really a great pair of shoes!

I know that some have put velcro on the highest point of the boot to prevent it from slipping. That might be an option but in my mind it sort of ruins the boot (not like I would really wear it out anyways - it just doesn't go with anything!).