Aker & ICom – VOX or PTT and why?

I remember that video when it was first posted shortly after Halloween one year. Both of those troopers are using RomFX.

Thanks. I think it sounds really good. I knew I saw it in a thread somewhere here, but couldn't track it down.

Concerning battery-life, I got my Aker and iComm around november/december last year and used the setup in VOX-mode for at least ten troops before having to recharge the Aker at Legoland Denmark in june now, and that's amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

VOX is voice activated if I'm correct. Just wondering if there was a way to kill VOX when not wanting to be heard and then turn it back on when you wanted to go "live". Maybe a button or switch inside the side of the ab or chest plate or maybe rig one of the ab buttons?

• 2 months later...

I use PTT for concerts where I have to be quiet, otherwise VOX.

I had a problem though, I suspect shorting due to moist, I used the switch inside that rubber condom thingie together with and against my bare thumb. After awhile it just won't respond, I hear a static but no voice goes in. It felt like a battery issue from the iComm at first, then when I reset the iComm by turning off the amp and on again it acts normal again. Until the same problem occurs 10 minutes later or so. Sometimes static suddenly play on their own. But still no voice through.

I suspected a third scenario: that while I was pressing the PTT the iComm, it somehow rebooted itself, and went into sound select mode which causes static upon PTT press, but no voice through. I couldn't verify as I waited 4-5 seconds and no static happened like it used to do in sound select mode.

I'll try tonight to use a dry rubber thingie only on the switch and inside my fabric glove see if it helps.

Any opinion?

Does leaving the iComm connected to the Aker amp powered off for a long time, drain the iComm's battery?

Edited by Nicky