Aussie Saler.. need advise pls

Colt

Hi Danny and welcome to the FISD :salute:

Judging by the lid it looks like re-cast FX !!

Just to also make it clear the 501st do not give their approval to any type of Armour, it is totally down to the construction.

There are a couple of company's that are using the words 501st approved to try and sell their goods. This would give me cause for concern as to the quality of the end product.

Armour like TM, RT-Mod etc do not have to use those type of words as the product sells itself by reputation alone.

Danny, I wouldn't touch it mate,

Check out this thread to give you better insight to Armour suppliers and where you can get it.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11538

Also check this as well..

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=18488&pid=225650&st=0entry225650

Besr of luck mate :duim:

so ! thanks 4 the warm welcome you guys gave me here!

hope to become a member of the 501st very soon!

and thanks for the great and detailed advise of you guys!

its pretty poore from these guys that they use some statemants like "501st approved" anyway

but thanks to that forum and you guys i wont make a mistake :)

graeme i will have a look at your links you ve posted immidiatly ! thanks by the way !

have a nice day

greets from austria (we have no kangaroos) *G*

A hard lesson to learn is having to buy something twice. I originally started with building a Boba Fett. I was anxious to start getting parts and bought about $600 in prepainted and assembled parts. Once I got it, I was very disappointed. I was not able to use any of it. I learned to go with the established makers because a bargain usually isn't the deal you hoped it would be. I'm not the only one to go through this. This is why the members here are always vocal when a thread like this pops up. We don't want you to have to go through the same thing. Good luck!

no problem Danny, happy to help mate.

I also did the same, bought from ebay - big mistake - had to sell on and start again BUT on the other side I did make a profit.. Well, I am a salesman after on Civvie Street.. :laugh1:

You will do a lot better by sticking with those established here. After all, both TM and RS who are considered the two most accurate ANH/ESB kits available are based in the UK, so it's not that far from Austria.

Please check into the Vetted list: http://forum.whitear...showtopic=11538

Just remember these old saying:

If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

"Caveat emptor" (Let the buyer beware)

Recasting is poodoo... ok, I made this one up just now, but it is true.

Basically when you buy from a recaster, the odds are against you...You will not get quality nor the maker is not going to stand behind their product.

You may thing you are saving money but 99.9999% by buying from someone like from ebay...But, you will end up starting over and spend more money by buying another kit for an armor maker with a good reputation and takes care of their customers.

This Seller has been approached asked to remove any reference to 501st approved but refused he over price's and it's rubbish, any noobs please avoid E-Bay the guys here at FISD will point you in the right direction.

Edited by Krazy Ivan