"Dave M" Decals for ANH Hero Helmet - EIB & Cent. Acceptable?

I would have put this in a different forum, but since it was costume specific, I felt this might be best here...

I'm still researching my ANH Hero build (using an ATA Helmet) and am asking for your assistance and guidance once again.

I've been looking at the "Dave M" decals on www.trooperbay.com (link to product: http://trooperbay.co...-helmet-decals/)

The product description reads:

These are arguably the MOST ACCURATE helmet decals made for MTK, ATA, TE, TE2, Gino, AP, Movie- FX, CAP, VT, LAWS or most TE derived helmets. Finally a decal that looks like the real deal. These decals are intentionally made to look hand painted. Almost exact copies of the hand painted details on the coveted “Dave M†helmet. These will not fit Kevs A.N.H., Master Replica / CE or RT_MOD (I dont think). Comes as seen in picture with hand painted look tube stripe decals.

So using decals is obviously much easier than painting the details, but honestly I could do either (I'm not afraid of a little paint). But using decals would really make that part a breeze too and let me move on to other parts of the build

But my main concern has to do with using the decals and the EIB & Centurion Approval. My goal is both EIB and Centurion approval, so.....

Basic 501 standards:

• Traps (trapezoids on dome of helmet) and tears (area beneath the corners of eye lenses) are gray.
  • Rear traps and tears have vertical black lines.
  • Tears, traps, and tube stripes may be hand painted, decals, or decals that replicate hand painted.

EIB standards:

* Traps/tears and tube stripes shall have the correct ANH TK details.

Centurion standards:

* Tears/traps shall be hand painted or use decals that emulate hand painted (with correct ANH TK details)

(all from 501st Hero CRL: http://www.501st.com...ing:TK_anh_hero)

The way I read it, the "Dave M" decals should meet EIB & Centurion standards (assuming they have the correct ANH TK details), but I thought I would seek some second opinions and reassurances from the FISD knowledge base (you!).

Am I correct? Can I use the decals and still meet EIB & Centurion requirements? Do these decals have the necessary ANH TK details?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Edited by Mopar McNeer

the only thing you might want to consider is the masking templates for hand painting.

trooperbay also has these!

http://trooperbay.com/stormtrooper-helmet-masking-templates/

maskingtemplates1.jpg

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

To me, the way the Centurion CRL reads the Dave M decals are acceptable. I'm hoping they'll work as I'd like to maybe go for EIB and I did order a set.

I don't think I want to go for Centurion though, I think some of the details that make Centurion more screen accurate actually take away from the realism of the suits. Not to take anything away from the level of detail though, just a personnel preference I guess. Maybe I'll change my mind once I start putting my suit together.

Any decals are acceptable for (ANH) centurion as long as they look hand painted. Nothing beats the real deal though. ;)

Other TK variants of course need their respectively correct decals, and should not be hand painted.