TK4935's TE2 lid

So with this lid i thought i'd emulate the Brian R helmet to a certain degree. Its not so beaten up looking as other screen used lids and thus looks more "used" than old.

The HDPE colour was a bit of a nightmare to find as there are no two reference photos showing the same colour what with different cameras and flash/no flash etc so i settled for a mid green.

using latex masking fluid i then copied the paint chips but held back a little and left some of the bigger ones out so as not to look too battered.

Then the gloss white coat went on. this was an awesome spraying experience as i didnt want to go for perfection so just threw it on and out of all the helmets i've sprayed this one was the most fun.

All details were hand painted using humbrol enamel paint (#5, #15 and #21)

i used a two pence piece and went freehand on the tube stripes, nearly passed out a few times but luckily the automatic breathing reflex kicked in at the crucial moment ( steady hand+hold breath til brush leaves surface+morgans spiced rum=smooth paint strokes)as it goes i did leave some of the wobbly lines as i quite like the imperfect nature of the originals

I then gave Keiths mic tips a quick sand and dry brush with white to make them appear "distressed" and rubbed the whole helmet with newspaper to add a touch of grime.

i still need to sort out the final construction (faceplate and cap/back placement as it's not riveted yet)

lenses, padding and chin strap is next and then it's finished.

so here we go. Piccies could be better but you get the idea

BrianRrep7.jpg

BrianRrep8.jpg

BrianRrep6.jpg

BrianRrep9.jpg

BrianRrep4.jpg

BrianRrep3.jpg

i just hope my GML likes it as he is a fan of the uber clean TK's but it does compliment my slightly grubby armour which i've never polished in the two years i've had it (show me a clean ANH stormtrooper, i dare ya)

thanks for looking B)

Great art work Simon,

it always amazes me how people will take new helmets and do everything they can to make it look old and used :)

I must not have been in the hobby for long enough ;)

Again, congrats!!!

getting into this hobby made me fully appreciate how much effort went into making everything in the first three films look used and "real". i think this is a major contributing factor in the longevity of enjoyment that StarWars has for many people. Even though i've seen them all a hundred odd times there is still something new to be discovered and i still love how immersed i feel while watching. Every aspect of the costumes and sets are so rich in character and because of this i felt it would be a great diservice to the nuance of the standard TK to be all clean and sparkly :lol:

it's also i lot more exciting when you see it slowly come together. contriving to make something new look old is actually very rewarding.

Every aspect of the costumes and sets are so rich in character and because of this i felt it would be a great diservice to the nuance of the standard TK to be all clean and sparkly :lol:

A very beautiful bucket indeed! Thank you for sharing. :D

T :salute:

Hey i love what you have done with this helmet, it replicates the Brian R lid perfectly nice job B)

I look forward to seeing this finished with the lenses and an inside shot and most definately with your armour too :duim:

I am new so i have not idea what the Brain R helmets looks like, but i do like what u did with yours!!!!!

Wow - outstanding details! Having owned FX, AP, and TE2, and having seen RT in person, I can say that TE2 is my favorite of them all as well. :)

yup. lined up my lid collection which consists of AP, TE2 and SDS and the AP and TE2 really puts the SDS to shame. (even though it's a battle spec the difference is shocking).

The TE2 is by far the superior lid which made it easier to reproduce the Brian R. not just the paint job but the overall shape.

i'm very pleased with the results :)