ATA Armor Advice

Hey all,

As I've introduced, I'm looking to get my hands on some armor, and I've found an offer on some ABS ATA Armor. It does not include decals. Before I make a purchase, I just want to ask some advice or some opinions from people who actually have armor experience. Here it goes:

1) Is this a fair price? (Anybody know of a better stateside deal?

2) How easy would ATA be to assemble for someone who has no armor experience like myself?

3) Is this a decent buy for me, considering I'm 5'9" and 130lbs?

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

I just recently started building my ata kit i would say were similar in size and everything is fitting fine(just started fitting) and I as well didn't have any prior experience luckily i'm getting a great amount of help from the wisconsin garrison. Best advice i can say is just read a lot,watch vids..etc and Contact your local garrison and join their boards as well,everyone i've talked to on these boards etc has been very nice and always willing to help or give advice too!

5'9 and 130lbs i think it's very perfect. and armor building-wise i think anyone can pull it off bro, with FISD and us by your side you don't have to be afraid of anything.

I built my first helmet, VT, which is basically the same thing as ATA and it wasn't tough to build at all. And my ATA build was SO much more easier since it has all the trimlines and tells you where to trim, cut, etc.

if you go with ATA, you won't be disappointed. It's a GREAT armor.

For quality and accuracy ATA ranks up there in the top. As for ease of assembly, it all depends on what skills and the amount of patience you have. ATA's molds are crisp and everything pretty much lines up, however, ANY armor you buy requires a certain amount of trimming and tweeking. NO armor is one size fits all. With you being 130, you will need to trim. Price seems fair.

The main suggestion is view the build forums and ask questions. Do not just start cutting willy nilly. This is an investment in your time and money but with a little skill, patience and a lot of questions, you can make yourself a wicked set of armor.