My ROTJ Build - Star Raider (Was supposed to be Incin)

Hello Everyone,

This is what I have been patiently working on for the past 3 months now. I am looking for constructive criticism and suggestions on areas that look like they need to be fixed. I take great pride in the work I do and want to make sure it's done right, I would really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Build Kit is AM built for Incin.

Helmet is eFX

Notes: Still have to replace eye lids to a darker shade.

Boots are TK Boots

DSC_5821.jpg

Front

DSC_5820.jpg

Side

DSC_5822.jpg

Side

DSC_5818.jpg

Notes:

- I'm still working on the interior of the helmet. My head is tilted completely forward, that's why much of the inside is visible in this case.

f20bbdb6.jpg

Notes:

- I still have to find the buttons, but the det. is 7 and 1/2 inches long.

My intention is to keep it as ROTJ for now with the future intent of making it an Incinerator. I just wanted to get a couple white troops with it before converting.

Please be nice! :P I can take most of your comments, just make sure there constructive and not bashing :P

Needed suggestions:

What can I do to make it easier to climb stairs? Should I trim or cut something?

Thanks!

Star Raider (Corey)

Edited by Star Raider

Corey,

It looks like you're missing the strapping that goes from the chest to the back. I just use velcro with a 1" piece of "elastic belting" from JoAnn Fabrics. Works great to keep your top half closed nice and snug. I would also shorten up the white straps for the drop boxes a little. Other than that, it looks like a real nice build!

Corey,

It looks like you're missing the strapping that goes from the chest to the back. I just use velcro with a 1" piece of "elastic belting" from JoAnn Fabrics. Works great to keep your top half closed nice and snug. I would also shorten up the white straps for the drop boxes a little. Other than that, it looks like a real nice build!

Nice suggestion! I will grab some black (Or should I use white because it will be over the armor) elastic, and I'll stud snap it for the ease of removing and washing if needed. As for the boxes, that's an easy fix as its being held with Velcro, Ill just slide it up a bit!

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Edited by Star Raider

If you are going ROTJ, I would actually replace the helmet altogether. A CFO would be the best choice IMO.

You'll also need to paint your boot sole edges from black to white, and I wasn't aware that the thigh ammo belt was supposed to be mounted that high.

It was mounted that high because in TFU, if you look at the model, it was lifted just above the ledge. Again this was built for an Incinerator which was moslty ROTJ with some ESB changes...

Thanks for the suggestions, I will make those changes! :)

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to keep the shoulder bells rotated forward? I have a strap that goes around my arm, but it tends to roll back.. The only option I can think of is putting Velcro on my shirt...

Edited by Star Raider

Great work! Your setup looks good but I would replace the bucket. The eFX lid is a nice collectors piece but when you get out in brighter lights, it might not match your armor color. On the bells, if you went with the T-strap method you may need to adjust how they hang, and/or how the biceps hang with them.

you can rotate the shoulder bells forward by putting black elastic across and above the bicep.

also add a strap going vertically at the back of the bicep inside to the bell itself. this keeps the bell rotated

by being attached to the bicep on 2 axis.

also where the bell attaches to the shoulder you can move the mounting point forward towards the chest, instead of making

it attach at the halfway point.

by rotating the mount forward, and attaching the bell to the bicep in this way on those 2 axis you get an upper arm setup

that stays all together and aligned.

you can rotate the shoulder bells forward by putting black elastic across and above the bicep.

also add a strap going vertically at the back of the bicep inside to the bell itself. this keeps the bell rotated

by being attached to the bicep on 2 axis.

also where the bell attaches to the shoulder you can move the mounting point forward towards the chest, instead of making

it attach at the halfway point.

by rotating the mount forward, and attaching the bell to the bicep in this way on those 2 axis you get an upper arm setup

that stays all together and aligned.

Ooohhh.... Took me a couple reads to understand it, but I get it now :P That's a great suggestion, thanks! That will probably help keep the bell position so it doesn't lower excessively.

Thanks!