Electronics in SDS blaster

Hey all

I'm trying to put some blaster sounds into my SDS E-11, using the guts from a Hasbro Boba Fett blaster, as the Hasbro E-11 just sounds awfull!

So far I have torn apart the blaster, and am trying to make everything fit inside in a very Viking way (anything that dosent fit, gets chopped at, til it does).

My main problem is the trigger part. I somehow need to grind out the original trigger and make a new one that can push the button on the sound board. Does anyone have a tip or have tried anything like this, I would love any advice I can get.

I dont have a lot of tools, so I have to keep this a rather "simple" mod.

Cheers

My plan was to hollow out a bit of the handle, and scratch build a trigger that could push the button. But if I fail that I will contact Zero Room, so thanks for the tip.

But so far i have found room for the led and the plastic casing thing that helps with some light effects. I have "modified" (Chopped) at the speaker a bit, so it could fit inside the tube.

I'm going to scratch build a Hengstler so I can store the batteries in there. I'm quite good at building things out of plasticard, so I think it should work out well.

I have uploaded some pictures on photobucket, but I'm not sure how to post them here, but here is the links.

The tube with the led inside and the rest sticking out

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kinda abandoned this project, and have ordered doopydoo to start all over. Havent abandoned the idea of a Boba soundboard in an E-11 ;)

Any new ideas on getting sound (and light) into the new blaster?

Ordered the complete E-11, pipe detail kit and Hasbro conversion kit, so I'm thinking of making a hybrid, with a bit of a hasbro E-11 with the boba soundboard, but want it to look right.