ATA Helmet build

Hello again everyone, as my anticipation builds, the time is drawing near! Weather permitting, I'm planning an armor party for this coming weekend. If all goes well, I'll be able to submit for approval and with any luck make some of the upcoming 3D release troops.

In the mean time, I have been working on my ATA helmet ...

I received my ATA helmet kit a couple of weeks ago...It looks amazing, I can't wait to get started..

IMGP0010.jpg

With the holidays and all the project had to wait a bit. Things have finally quieted down, so here we go!

Initial trimming on all pieces done ... Hope I didn't cut too much!?

IMGP0011.jpg

I found a lot of ATA build threads...but I really like PandaTrooper's ATA #1 build thread. Following as closely as I can in his footsteps, here I am with the initial assembly of the front and rear done. You'll also notice that I received my Dave M. decals from Trooperbay!!

IMGP0013.jpg

IMGP0012.jpg

IMGP0014.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with my progress so far, ... slow as it's been. Now its's time to fit the ears and I'm freakin out more than just a little. Wish me luck, ... here we go!

IMGP0015.jpg

IMGP0016.jpg

IMGP0017.jpg

IMGP0018.jpg

Well, given my complete lack of experience, I'm very pleased with things thus far.

Edited by mailman70

From what I can see your helmet looks great! I am just about to finish mine up. My girlfriend and I are doing everything hand painted so it is taking a little longer, but it was a good way to include her on my project.

You've done an amazing job on it! Personally I feel like the teeth-holes could be more square. Yours look a bit too round. Not really your fault though, I think it's an issue with the mould, as most people do this.

• 3 months later...