arms and legs, please help!

jaida

On the FX kit, the front of the thighs have that raised lip. Just over lap those (on the left leg, the left piece over the right; on the right leg, the right piece over the left). If you're comfortable with glueing the back as well, you can do so, how ever I suggest several test fittings before you commit to the glueing. I used Industrial Velcro for the back; makes it easy to adjust and get on and off. I did the same for the forearms.

As for the shoulders, I use one of the stretchy elastic strips and glued it to to the abs staps that connect the chest & back plate. From there, I put on button snaps at the ends and glued one the inside of my shoulder bells. You might want to check other methods for this if you don't have access to a button snaps.

It can be tricky to fully glue the forearms. I'd also suggest gluing the outside and leaving velcro on the inside. For myself, if I had them fully sealed I'm not sure I could get them on/off.

Biceps are not a problem unless you have huge guns.

For the thighs - what Carlos said. The older FX thighs (or properly trimmed new FX thighs) should look tight on your legs, and if you overtrim & glue you can esasly make it so you can't bend your leg. Best to glue the front and velcro the back until you know you'll have enough room. (Ask me how I know that one!).

It can be tricky to fully glue the forearms. I'd also suggest gluing the outside and leaving velcro on the inside. For myself, if I had them fully sealed I'm not sure I could get them on/off.

Biceps are not a problem unless you have huge guns.

For the thighs - what Carlos said. The older FX thighs (or properly trimmed new FX thighs) should look tight on your legs, and if you overtrim & glue you can esasly make it so you can't bend your leg. Best to glue the front and velcro the back until you know you'll have enough room. (Ask me how I know that one!).

Because I wanted the flexibiltity to grow of shrink in my armor, and I fear commitment, I went with velcro on the back of everything. I actually have velcro on the from and back of my forearms, works out pretty wel as long as you trim the velcro very well.

As for the biceps, I had to shim those, along with my forearms. I've not got "huge guns," but at 6' and 200ish lbs, my arms aren't small. I fear they'll only get bigger as I'm just starting to work out again. :blink:

HAR HAR! No, he actually doesn't make armor anymore, his molds were destroyed. A friend of mine had a set of his shins and thighs (I believe) and he does great work. I'm not that friggin' large! All I'm saying is I don't look so much like a bobble head as some of the people out there. :)

I would suggest that you do a lot of test fitting before you commit to gluing.With the biceps,make sure there's enough room to be able to flex your muscles,and with the forearms,you can get your hand through the wrist end comfortably.Sounds obvious I know,but it's an easy mistake to overlook if you rush things.I use gaffa tape to stick the parts together and test fit,then trim off half what you think and try again until it's a good fit.Don't have the armour figure hugging,it should be loose and not restrictive,well that's how I prefer mine anyway.Just take your time,do lot's of test fitting and you'll be fine.It doesn't matter if it take you a few weeks to get it right,it will be worth the exyra effort in the long run :)

I would suggest that you do a lot of test fitting before you commit to gluing.

Troopermaster is of course very correct. I committed to the glueing option early which worked well for my forearms and biceps. However, I didn't measure the thigh well enough and I'm still swimming in them a bit. I've read on several different sites that if you can glue the forearms together then you have less risk of ripping up your undersuite. Unless as Carlos noted you very carefully trim the velcro.

Jaida, does this help and answer your question?

Unless as Carlos noted you very carefully trim the velcro.

This may go w/o saying, but you should always put the hook velcro facing away from the underarmor. Mine are velcroed on one side and have never snagged - same goes w/all my other velcro'd bits.