Armor is finally here ... Desperately seeking all the help I can get!

As you can see, I've finally received my 2 boxes of white plastic...

IMGP0009.jpg

IMGP0010.jpg

The armor is FX (not ideal I know) and the bucket is ATA (Awesome!!!) I had hoped to start with somewhat better armor, but when we found out we were expecting I knew I had to go with what I could afford at the time. Not to mention the fact that I am super stoked to get out and troop with you guys, and here in a few months there won't be any discretionary income for a while!!

I hope to start on my helmet sometime this week, but I am terrified to even touch the armor without some serious guidance or actual help. My build is not going to make sizing easy either.

My armor came with a decent assortment of strapping, unfortunately with velcro fastening. I definitely want to go with snaps. Without combing thru 100's of threads, what will I need to gather for the armor build???

I don't foresee being ready for any of the 3D release troops (BUMMER!!) but with your help I'd like to be up and running by March sometime ... Who will help a trooper out!?

Edited by mailman70

Eric (Darth Aloha) has the best starting materials list I've seen in some time: http://forum.whitear...showtopic=16995

Oh hey.. thanks Brian. That's a huge compliment :)

Also... Jorran's TK Shopping List is helpful for starting your TK retail journey.

For building your bucket. Pandatrooper's ATA helmet assembly HOWTO can't be beat. Also Trooperbay's videos are worth watching a few dozen times.

And Daetrin's HOWTO: Easily make your FX Armor EIB acceptable will do wonders for making your FX look good... even if you're not interested in EIB.

Other than that... I suggest reading reading reading. Start in the "getting started" forum and browse the "Tips and Howtos" and keep asking questions as you read more.

Oh and post pics along the way :) We loves us some build threads.

Aloha,

-Eric

Edited by Darth Aloha
  • Like 1

All being said, TK armor is not rocket surgery :) They were pretty simple for the movies, and a little attention to detail goes a long ways! (i.e. Darth Aloha!) Just read up, measure twice, cut once, and you'll be our newest shiny trooper in no time! The guys here at Pacific Outpost have it down to the point where there can do an EIB ready TK in one full day, maybe two if needed.

I want to thank everyone so much .... Whether FISD or my local garrison, everyone has been so helpful! There are a few guys from my local garrison who have already told me that once I have my TK supplies in hand an armor party would have me ready for submission in an afternoon...Heck, I think some of them are more excited than I am!

Definitely looking forward to joining the ranks of the coolest, most selfless Star Wars fans out there!

And to Darth Aloha, I'm not exactly camera friendly, but I'll do my best to document my progress for all to see.... I'm anxious to check out Daetrin's thread on making my FX kit EIB doable ... I thought I had read it wasn't possible...

Well gang ... I had a chance to check out Daetrin's thread on making FX armor EIB doable ... I was pleasantly surprised! Prior to getting my armor, I had already bought accurate ab buttons, and a canvas belt. I also intend to separate my butt plate from the kidney section and now I know where specifically to make the cut. And lastly ( I think ) there's the holster issue. I intend to go ANH TK so I knew the holster needed to be riveted...

I'm thinking I'll be EIB eligible right out of the gate ... How cool is that!!?

Hey Steve,... long time no read ....

Anyway, I am most definitely enjoying myself. I think I have a few of my local garrison members on board for an armor party whenever our schedules mesh ...Hopefully towards the end of this month ... weather permitting of course!