TK-8029 Working on ANH Elite

LOL!!! Yeah, I know. I just haven't got that far yet. B)

I was wondering how would you go about concealing the rivet's, I'm guess its FX armor...because I know that FX doesn't come with the extra buttons like other sets such as TM and AP :unsure:

I was wondering how would you go about concealing the rivet's, I'm guess its FX armor...because I know that FX doesn't come with the extra buttons like other sets such as TM and AP :unsure:

I plan on cutting some small discs out of spare ABS, and then attaching them over the rivets.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like you have a silver snap in the crotch so you can run a strap from the front cod plate to the back cod plate. I have velcro for it but it comes loose very easily.

It looks like you have a silver snap in the crotch so you can run a strap from the front cod plate to the back cod plate. I have velcro for it but it comes loose very easily.

Ditch the velcro and move to snaps Jim, else you risk becoming a "happy trooper".

It looks like the snap is inserted thru the abs plastic, is it ok for the silver snap to be sen like that? I realize its pretty damn hidden under there but don't want to make any assumptions.

how did you get your buttons painted so perfectly, how did you create your masking so you could paint them so well?

The buttons are the correct size and can be baught seperate and painted before applying them to the AB plate :)

It looks like the snap is inserted thru the abs plastic, is it ok for the silver snap to be sen like that? I realize its pretty damn hidden under there but don't want to make any assumptions.

I don't see any snaps :unsure:

but, if you mean the cod snap, I would think that its a pretty irrelevant issue B)

I have ap armor which has the buttons molded into the plate.

yes, but you could buy the round metal buttons that are the correct size and easy to paint, I painted my AP ab plate buttons, but on my other set of armor I have the painted metal buttons which looks more uniform B)

Sorry for not getting back to you guys before now.

The buttons I used are from Tandy Leather.... http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/product...?number=1293-02

I sanded the metal finish off, then painted a coat of primer. Then I used Rustolem Navy Blue... http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pi...amp;sid=7723830 and Rustoleum Pewter Gray... http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pi...amp;sid=7783830

...then I just drilled out the holes on the ab plate, put the posts in, cut and crimped the backs, and hot glued them in place.

Yeah, on my old armor I just used velcro and it was always coming undone. The snaps and velcro seem to work a lot better.