E-11 Holstering

Hey folks,

Has anyone done any mods to their holster to get the opening to "stay" open making it easier to put your weapon in? I know the FX holster was made from a thicker grade leather and was always "open". Who here has modded theirs and could you please post some pictures.

I have bought some thicker leather and supplies to dye it, rivet it, etc. Though, it may be some time before I get to making one.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by SolderMaster

Unless I am carrying the DLT-19, I never worry about it. My blaster is too nice to keep holstered. What's a trooper without a blaster in hand.

Very true, but during some events where I am either handing out candy, cards, nerf guns, etc...it would be nice to NOT look like a monkey doing something awful to a football...if you're pickin up what I'm throwin down. :glare:

if you follow the TM pattern for making the holster the cut of it provides a fold point that when sewn

holds the holster open on it's own if the leather is thick enough.

if you have thin leather then it does not hold itself open

as well you should make the handle strap 12 inches long and put the male snap 1" from the tip.

INSTEAD of at the end as shown,

4510506210_92b4f12228_o.jpgn.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Well, if you have a thinner leather that doesn't really want to hold its shape, you might be able to get a piece of plastic then heat bend it to be slightly bigger than the shape of your gun then glue it in. That way the plastic piece will keep it open. It would also be beneficial to glue it in towards the top so in a way it will act like a funnel. Once you get the gun in the top it will just slide in. I made my own holster from the TM plans that Vern showed out of some 5oz leather which is somewhat thick. After I was done with it though it was a little flat so it was hard to get my gun in. So what I do from time to time is stuff newspaper in it and let it sit so it stretches out the leather a little to make it wider.

wrap the blaster in shape with a T shirt and put it into the holster.

this will help to keep it's shape and protect the blaster and holster

when packing.

I'd have to spray the heck out of a belt assembly and all my elastics

with some kind of water repellant.

leather, elastic and snaps just would wear out in wet conditions!

The football loving monkey is an idiom that never ever fails to make me laugh in an out loud manner.

Also accurate when it comes to holstering while helmeted.

Aloha,

-Eric

(null)