Is this a good glue ?

I personally would never use E6000 for anything. That's just me though. I've gotten way to comfortable to using CA and accelerator. I'm too impatient to wait 24hrs for a full bond, when I can have one in 2 seconds. Plus it only takes around 3oz of glue and a couple of bottles of accelerator for an entire suit.

I have a couple of tubes of E6000 that have never been opened as well as like 5 packages of Devcon plastic welder. CA all the way.

Edited by bobojuice

I like E6000 because you can remove it by pulling and peeling it off... if you should need to redo something later on.

I glued the crap out of Olga's forearms when i first build them. Turned out that her arms were much to small so i had to redo them. It took a bit of work, but I was able to pull them apart and redo them no problems. I'm not saying it didn't take a lot of work, but if that's the only pro, I'll still stick with CA. Plus, CA gives me the incentive not to screw up. :laugh1:

CA glue is awesome if you are in a hurry and never want whatever you are gluing to come off again. Which is mostly me gluing anything. Unfortuetly, it is hard to come by where I live. I have to stock up when I go out of town. E6000 is good if you think you might make a mistake with something and have to fix it.

i use gorilla superglue mixed with plumbers goop for flexy parts (like the shins) :P and plastix bonder 2 part epoxy for the rest. just like Luis i am too impatient to wait for e6000 to dry. while E6000 is used by most troopers it is not the only option.

the only surefire way to see if that particular glue is good for armor is to glue 2 scrap parts together with a 1" (more or less) overlap and try ripping them apart.. if the plastic breaks before the glued bond it is OK :) if it comes unglued by brute force (without damaging the plastic) dont use it.

just my personal opinion and rule of thumb ;)

On 12/22/2011 at 12:58 AM, bjsavage7 said:

CA glue is awesome if you are in a hurry and never want whatever you are gluing to come off again. Which is mostly me gluing anything. Unfortuetly, it is hard to come by where I live. I have to stock up when I go out of town. E6000 is good if you think you might make a mistake with something and have to fix it.

----------

This is all I use. I wouldn't recommend getting anything bigger than the 1oz size. I had a 2oz and the tip gets all ridiculous after a while. I even bought a few .5oz bottles just to be sure. A 1oz bottle of CA glue holds around 7 times more than your average bottle. It's a lot. I used around 2-3oz per suit. I would suggest getting anywhere from 2-4 bottles of the spray, or if you can find it just one bottle and a big refill. The accelerator smells pretty good too, not like some others I've used.

Also, DO NOT use debonder on plastic, PERIOD. It will melt your plastic. If you need to use it on your fingers or something, that's fine.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I used this to glue broken car door seals in place. It works pretty well and doesn't crack in inclement weather. However, do realize it doesn't harden. It's still pseudo pliable and dries to the consistency of old chewed bubblegum. (Only description i could think of sry)

I use E6000 and Gorilla Glue for just about everything. :)

I also agree with the gorilla glue. However compensate for it's expansion and it needs a spritz of water and a semi rough or matte finish to really set and stick well.

On 12/22/2011 at 1:59 AM, bobojuice said:

----------

This is all I use. I wouldn't recommend getting anything bigger than the 1oz size. I had a 2oz and the tip gets all ridiculous after a while. I even bought a few .5oz bottles just to be sure. A 1oz bottle of CA glue holds around 7 times more than your average bottle. It's a lot. I used around 2-3oz per suit. I would suggest getting anywhere from 2-4 bottles of the spray, or if you can find it just one bottle and a big refill. The accelerator smells pretty good too, not like some others I've used.

Also, DO NOT use debonder on plastic, PERIOD. It will melt your plastic. If you need to use it on your fingers or something, that's fine.

Thanks, brother! :salute:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Have you guys ever thought about liquid plastic welders? They work great, are almost instant and make a permanent bond between plastics (ABS especially) Below is a few linked. It doesn't distort the plastic and if you get a scratch will take the dullness away from scratches or buffs in abs and plexiglass. I use it with plexiglass all the time and use to put car dash pieces back together (abs).

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 12/22/2011 at 9:27 AM, craygee said:

Have you guys ever thought about liquid plastic welders? They work great, are almost instant and make a permanent bond between plastics (ABS especially) Below is a few linked. It doesn't distort the plastic and if you get a scratch will take the dullness away from scratches or buffs in abs and plexiglass. I use it with plexiglass all the time and use to put car dash pieces back together (abs).

-------

I would be weary of using any of these types of plastic welders. While they might create a strong bond there is very serious potential for melting the plastic and causing problems. The same goes for ABS/PVC cement.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed