Problems fitting forearms and biceps

I tried on some pieces of my armor (heavily modified second-hand FX) for the first time in about a year last night and it looks like I have a lot of work to do. :icon_eek: It turns out that even with shims, the forearms and biceps no longer fit me (started a new program at the gym about a year ago). I can barely get them on and can no longer bend my arms without severe pinching. I suffered from armor bites before, but now it would be brutal if I were to squeeze these on for a troop.

I have read several threads that recommend RT armor since it is made with larger/taller frames in mind, so I sent Rob an email this morning. I was curious if you guys had any other recommendations so that I can explore all options while I wait for his reply. My thigh and calf pieces will be OK with the current shims (I hope!) so I am only interested in forearm and bicep pieces.

I would be curious to hear what has worked for those that have similar sized forearms (14") and are in the same boat with their armor.

BTW, thanks to everyone that contributes to these boards. I could have never become a TD without your great advice!

Thanks!

Hey man.... What are your overall dimensions? That might help determine if AM or RT are right for you. Maybe even a combo of both :)

Aloha,

-Eric

(null)

14" forearms? Dayum. That's as big as my biceps! lol. Yeah looks like you'll probably need to get hold of some new ones. RT mod should be cool.

Best thing to do is get in touch with the various armour makers and give them your measurements and they'll be able to sort you out.

i think RT is a better choice from the sound of it. but you should contact him with your arm size before ordering. the AM forearms are really not any larger than a screen derived kit.

I agree with Mason. RT sounds like the better kit (not just because I think the AM chest looks crazy... and not just because I want more RT troopers out there) but you still may need to shim your forearms a little unless Rob is able to make custom parts. I have 12.5" forearms and any bigger would be tight. Since the forearms seams overlap you could just extend the inner portion a little to have more surface area to apply velcro to close them up.

You'll enjoy the longer shins and longer ab section too. I have a 40" waist and the ab/kidney sections just barely come together. You may need shims for those too if your waist is bigger than that.

When you email Rob ask him what measurements to send him. I had questions about the leg lengths and he had very specific measurements for me to take (doing the Captain Morgan pose even.)

Let us know how you go.

Aloha and good luck.

-Eric

Here are the measurement maximums Rob sent me:

Key measurements are as follows: (....shims would be required beyond these.)

-Calves - 17"

-Thighs - 26"

-Waist - 40"

-Forearm - 13.5"

-Bicep - 16"

-Helmet – 24â€

-Remaining components are not size critical

Hopefully this will help...

Sounds great guys. Thank you very much for the input and for the measurements. If the forearms are 13.5, I should not have to shim too much.

The problem with my current forearm pieces is that they are shimmed and still will not fit correctly. I know that heating with a heat gun and reshaping may help, but I am not sure how to do that. More research needed!

Eric, the shimming method you mentioned sounds like a good idea. Hopefully, I will hear back from Rob soon.

Cheers!