Side Rivets

seantrooper

In the crl it says

There shall be no visible side rivets on the kidney plate, unlike ANH/ESB suits.

However, you can clearly see side rivets( on both sides) in these screen caps... But there are only 2, the kidney ones lining up with the belt rivets and the others the same distance on the ab plate.

cIJJjhh.jpg

jlyUgA7.jpg

Nd9Mmvh.jpg

Just want to make sure that it is acceptable so that I can go ahead and install them...

could I get people's opinions please?

Looks like one at the top of the kidney plate, also. Good screen caps!

There is one on the top and bottom of the kidney and abplate on both the left and right sides... Well that's at least what I can see anyway :P

seems to be about 20mm away from the edge, which is about 10mm away from the edge of the rubber trim?

another thing that stevechewbacca picked up on for his centurion submission that is not included in the crl here

• The thigh ammo belt shall be connected by brads/split rivets only - standard rivets are not acceptable.
  • The bottom corners of the thigh ammo belt shall be rounded off.

is that the ammo belt appears to be glued on and no edges are rounded as seen here (hope steve doesn't mind me borrowing his photo)

thight_ammo_detail.JPG

can also see it here

0Xxgofa.jpg

uFcemWH.jpg

fyLuFfY.jpg

and here is mine

ZJZUQCu.jpgxwCgifd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So on the road to Centurion I made some modifications to reflect the updated CRL. Set of side rivits on the kidney plate, belt rivits now white, and detonator to reflect the game version.

QYum0wD.jpg

T1Plsg4.jpg

Did not see it listed on the CRL about rivits on the ab plate. Any conformation on this would be welcome. What I did for the control panel was use the same thickness ABS that I used for my cover strips. I cut out the desired size I wanted for my control panel then using a heat gun slowly shaped it around my canister. In the reference shot it looks like there are strips that run around the back of the canister that connect the top edge to the bottom edge on both sides. What I did there was cut two strips and heat shaped them on place. I then filled the seam sanded it smooth and painted and blended it in. A bit of work but I had really secured the caps on and was afraid to force them of without destroying them.